Do We Have To Buy Nikon Raw Image Handling Software With PSE3?

Old December 24th 04, 12:22 AM
Clyde Torres

Default Do We Have To Buy Nikon Raw Image Handling Software With PSE3?

Here's a question for you PSE3 types. When I fire up PSE3 and click on a
20D *.CR2 raw image file, I see PSE3 call Canon Digital Photo Professional
(DPP) as an initial step. After I click OK, it goes on to bring up the raw
file and let me do my thing. While I don't particularly like it calling
another piece of SW to function properly, Canon DPP is free, so it's not a
big deal.

Now let's look at my Nikon D70. It's in Brazil getting good use, and my
sister-in-law has requested PSE3 to start using the Nikon *.NEF raw image
files. If PSE3 calls the Nikon raw handling software, it isn't free. How
do you D70/PSE3 raw users handle this? No one down there has bought the
Nikon software to do this. Will PSE3 handle the *.NEF files without
additional software, or will she have to buy the Nikon raw image software?

Thanks.

Clyde Torres

Old December 24th 04, 04:39 PM
Jim

"Clyde Torres" wrote in message
om...
Here's a question for you PSE3 types. When I fire up PSE3 and click on a
20D *.CR2 raw image file, I see PSE3 call Canon Digital Photo Professional
(DPP) as an initial step. After I click OK, it goes on to bring up the

raw
file and let me do my thing. While I don't particularly like it calling
another piece of SW to function properly, Canon DPP is free, so it's not a
big deal.

Now let's look at my Nikon D70. It's in Brazil getting good use, and my
sister-in-law has requested PSE3 to start using the Nikon *.NEF raw image
files. If PSE3 calls the Nikon raw handling software, it isn't free. How
do you D70/PSE3 raw users handle this? No one down there has bought the
Nikon software to do this. Will PSE3 handle the *.NEF files without
additional software, or will she have to buy the Nikon raw image software?

Download the trial version of Nikon Capture. It contains the free RAW
converter which continues to work after the trial period expires.
Jim