Getting the Right Pose is Essential

Old April 1st 08, 10:02 AM posted to rec.photo.technique.misc
[email protected]

Default Getting the Right Pose is Essential

When taking pictures of people, whatever kind or level of photographer
you are, you can get the best looking picture, in the end, by getting
the person or people you are photographing to relax and appear
comfortable, the way they normally look. For instance, you usually
wouldn't want to have the body, head and eye placement all pointing in
the same direction at the same time. This is because it gives a very
boring look to your poser, and the picture as a whole.

In case you have any interest in how to pose people for your pictures,
I have a blog where I give various tips on posing from time to time.
If you ever have a few minutes, come and check it out at:
http://photographyposing.blogspot.com

Another tip is to make sure that the hands of the person or people you
are taking a picture of are free. Don't have them posing with
anything in their hands. This will keep the attention on them and not
on something that they are holding.