[SI] - SHOOT-IN Two Week Reminder for Tie-In

Old May 21st 08, 04:07 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
jimkramer

Default [SI] - SHOOT-IN Two Week Reminder for Tie-In

You've got about two weeks.
Due before June 6, 2008

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/tiein

What?!?!
http://si.jlkramer.net/rulz/rulz.htm

-Jim

Old May 21st 08, 06:37 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

jimkramer wrote:
You've got about two weeks.
Due before June 6, 2008

Thanks Jim (first Friday of the month). I'm to blame for this mandate
BTW (deflecting rotten tomatoes and ducking for cover).

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old May 21st 08, 07:18 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Dudley Hanks[_2_]

"jimkramer" wrote in message
You've got about two weeks.
Due before June 6, 2008

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/tiein

What?!?!
http://si.jlkramer.net/rulz/rulz.htm

-Jim

Thanks for the nudge, Jim. And, also, thanks for the heads up about that
pen-sized reader. It looks (sounds?) great. I'm just trying to find a way
to juggle my budget to fit one in. I guess I'll just have to push that D3 a
little farther down the list. (sigh)

Take Care,
Dudley

Old May 21st 08, 08:01 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
jimkramer

"Dudley Hanks" wrote in message

"jimkramer" wrote in message
You've got about two weeks.
Due before June 6, 2008

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/tiein

What?!?!
http://si.jlkramer.net/rulz/rulz.htm

-Jim

Thanks for the nudge, Jim. And, also, thanks for the heads up about that
pen-sized reader. It looks (sounds?) great. I'm just trying to find a
way to juggle my budget to fit one in. I guess I'll just have to push
that D3 a little farther down the list. (sigh)

Take Care,
Dudley

I just hope that the menu on the thing isn't so complicated that you need
someone else to set it up for you every time you turn it on. Do call or
email them and see if it works on an LCD, I'm curious.

-Jim

Old May 21st 08, 08:06 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
jimkramer

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
jimkramer wrote:
You've got about two weeks.
Due before June 6, 2008

Thanks Jim (first Friday of the month). I'm to blame for this mandate BTW
(deflecting rotten tomatoes and ducking for cover).

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/tiein

What?!?!
http://si.jlkramer.net/rulz/rulz.htm

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net
www.baynatives.com

Nothing at all wrong with the mandate; it was one of 12 carefully selected
finalists.

I do think it interesting that for the last round I had 6ish entries in the
first 2 weeks (2 in the first 48 hours) and this round... not a one.

-Jim

Old May 21st 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Dudley Hanks[_2_]

Thanks for the nudge, Jim. And, also, thanks for the heads up about that
pen-sized reader. It looks (sounds?) great. I'm just trying to find a
way to juggle my budget to fit one in. I guess I'll just have to push
that D3 a little farther down the list. (sigh)

Take Care,
Dudley

I just hope that the menu on the thing isn't so complicated that you need
someone else to set it up for you every time you turn it on. Do call or
email them and see if it works on an LCD, I'm curious.

-Jim

From what I've read about it, I think it will. I'm going to check with the
local institute for the blind, here in Edmonton, and see if they've got a
demo to play with. As soon as I find out for sure, I'll let you know.

Once again, thanks,
Dudley

Old May 21st 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Doug Jewell[_3_]

jimkramer wrote:
You've got about two weeks.
Due before June 6, 2008

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/tiein

What?!?!
http://si.jlkramer.net/rulz/rulz.htm

-Jim

AARRRGGGHHH... I might have to do the unthinkable and submit
either an archive or a camera phone image for this one. My
DSLR just had to go for repairs, and my FSLR is loaded with
slide film. That last one wouldn't be such an issue, except
it will be a couple of weeks turnaround for me to get it
processed, even if I do finish the roll soon.
Old May 22nd 08, 12:03 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jufí

Question: have two candidates for this mandate so far, and both are, well,
not ready for the museum. Can I send two and hope that two bad shots will
add up to one mediocre shot?

Old May 22nd 08, 12:12 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
jimkramer

"Jufí" wrote in message
Question: have two candidates for this mandate so far, and both are,
well, not ready for the museum. Can I send two and hope that two bad shots
will add up to one mediocre shot?

No, just one; and it better be better than the other crap your son has
taken! :-)
-Jim

Old May 22nd 08, 12:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
jimkramer

"Doug Jewell" wrote in message
jimkramer wrote:
You've got about two weeks.
Due before June 6, 2008

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/tiein

What?!?!
http://si.jlkramer.net/rulz/rulz.htm

-Jim

AARRRGGGHHH... I might have to do the unthinkable and submit either an
archive or a camera phone image for this one. My DSLR just had to go for
repairs, and my FSLR is loaded with slide film. That last one wouldn't be
such an issue, except it will be a couple of weeks turnaround for me to
get it processed, even if I do finish the roll soon.

You could try to impress us and use a disposable camera. :-)
-Jim