A720 vs the D3?

Old May 16th 08, 02:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Dudley Hanks[_2_]

Default A720 vs the D3?

That's right!

I know this is one of those burning issues that people just can't make up
their minds on. Which camera takes better pics, the Canon A720 or the Nikon
D3?

Or, is there yet an unidentified contender out there that can kick both of
these apertures?

Send submissions to

I'll post the entries, without EXIF data or any other hints on my site.
Then, guests can vote on their favourite via e-mail ballot.

What will be the deciding factor, the camera or the photog?

Good Luck,
Dudley

Old May 18th 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bob

There is no difference cant believe what camera is being used if there is no
EXIF files .. treat the D3 pics on here as pure fabrication

--
All outgoing emails are scanned with Norton Antivirus 2005

Old May 19th 08, 12:57 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Martin Riddle

"Dudley Hanks" wrote in message news:mkgXj.2480$Yp.1349@edtnps92...
| That's right!
|
| I know this is one of those burning issues that people just can't make up
| their minds on. Which camera takes better pics, the Canon A720 or the Nikon
| D3?
|
| Or, is there yet an unidentified contender out there that can kick both of
| these apertures?
|
| Send submissions to
|
| I'll post the entries, without EXIF data or any other hints on my site.
| Then, guests can vote on their favourite via e-mail ballot.
|
| What will be the deciding factor, the camera or the photog?
|
| Good Luck,
| Dudley

The D3 takes better pictures. The A720 blows out the highlights. But, at $250 it does have a good macro mode, and thats why I
have one.

Cheers

Old May 19th 08, 01:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Dudley Hanks[_2_]

"Martin Riddle" wrote in message

"Dudley Hanks" wrote in message
| That's right!
|
| I know this is one of those burning issues that people just can't make
up
| their minds on. Which camera takes better pics, the Canon A720 or the
Nikon
| D3?
|
| Or, is there yet an unidentified contender out there that can kick both
of
| these apertures?
|
| Send submissions to
|
| I'll post the entries, without EXIF data or any other hints on my site.
| Then, guests can vote on their favourite via e-mail ballot.
|
| What will be the deciding factor, the camera or the photog?
|
| Good Luck,
| Dudley

The D3 takes better pictures. The A720 blows out the highlights.

I find that if you dial down the exposure compensation by about 2/3 stops,
it does pretty good.

Also, the flexi-zone spot metering is a nice feature, but I've got a bit of
a problem using that particular mode in most cases.

Take Care,
dudley