Bounce Flash

Old February 4th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc

Default Bounce Flash

Hi..I am using a Metz 45 CT4...On my old Mamiya Super 23..with a 50 mm lens.
Using a 6x9 back..I believe the lens covers the equivilent of 21 mm in a
35....The flash with wide angle attachment covers i believe 28 mm...straight
on...
I am bouncing off the ceiling..which i think is 7ft...Now i know bounce
coverage will vary depending on angle..and distance to subject....Subjects
will be fairly close...possibly 9-10 ft....I am wondering if the bounce will
cover the angle of the lens.....
Any help will be appreciated....
Merv

Old February 5th 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc

The ceiling will probably scatter the light enough to make
the coverage OK, I think, unless the ceiling is especially
smooth. Bouncing the flash will soften the lighting enough
that, even if there is some falloff toward the edges of the
frame, it will be very gradual.
Old February 9th 06, 05:29 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc

The 45CT4 spec says the basic lens covers 62 degrees horzontally and 42
degrees vertically, which is about 35mm lens on 35mm film camera. the
wide angle lens diffuser covers 65 degrees by 60 degrees, which is
about 28m lens on 35mm film camera (you are correct about this)

..

Old February 9th 06, 05:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc

I'm too lazy to solve trig problems, but bounce at 45 degrees increases
the distance travelled by 1.414, so the width of the area covered grows
proportionately (Tangent) So then you need to see how wide a physical
distance is seen by your 50mm lens on 6x9, at the original distance,
and see if that is more or less than the 2 * Tan 14 width.

Old February 20th 06, 05:44 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc

Thanks for the response...and sorry for the delay in responding ..The photos
turned out well...pretty close to what i was trying to achieve...There are
few things i will do the next time..to fine tune the process...Your input
was greatly appreciated...
Merv
ups.com...