Photoshop CS book?

Old December 15th 04, 06:58 AM
Anonymous

Default Photoshop CS book?

Any recommendations on a good book to guide me through the intricacies of
Adobe Photoshop CD for Windows?

Thanks!

Old December 15th 04, 09:40 AM
Jon Pope

whats wrong with the manual that came with it

Old December 15th 04, 11:05 AM
Mark B.

"Anonymous" wrote in message
Any recommendations on a good book to guide me through the intricacies of
Adobe Photoshop CD for Windows?

Thanks!

Photoshop CS for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby, or anything by Scott
Kelby.

Mark

Old December 15th 04, 12:31 PM
Marcel

Hi Mark!
I have 3 of his books. They are clear and straight forward.
Marcel

Old December 15th 04, 12:40 PM
REED BOXIN

definetly a good book , very helpfull to me .
gene

Old December 15th 04, 01:52 PM
Owamanga

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 22:58:40 -0800, "Anonymous"
wrote:

Any recommendations on a good book to guide me through the intricacies of
Adobe Photoshop CD for Windows?

Thanks!

With computer software books I almost never pay cover-price. Rotation
is quite fast as new versions come out nearly every year, so the
bookstores have to off-load the older books. 95% of what these older
books cover still apply to the latest release of the software, and new
features are well documented on the vendor's websites.

So, a $50 book gets marked down to $15 or less (I even picked up a
copy of Flash 5 ActionScript for $5 last month, original price $45)

Also, a quick jaunt around alt.binaries.e-book.technical show that in
the last month, 7 photoshop books (PDF's usually) and 2 Nikon D70
Books have been posted (one in alt.binaries.cores). I find PDF's
annoying compared to a real book, but they give you a good preview to
help decide if you want that book, and of course you can search them
faster than flicking through hard-copy.

Photoshop is such a broad-use piece of software, the books tend to be
written for a particular application of photoshop. For example:

Digital photography
Photo-touch-up
Web design
Digital art, painting etc.
Video Titleing
Advertising Posters & Flyers etc.

One of my favorites is the Photoshop 6 WOW! book (also available as PS
7, and I presume a CS version is coming), although not tailored to
digital photography, it's a stunningly beautiful book who's strengths
are that it covers a broad-range of photoshop techniques and has a
superb set of styles on the CD.

Some reviews on that (now old) book are collected he
http://www.picassomio.com/books/isbn/0201722089/en/

Once you've learned the buttons, there are plenty of on-line tutorials
covering specific tasks.

--
Owamanga!