Next View Camera conference

Old September 10th 04, 05:01 PM
Largformat

Default Next View Camera conference

We have selected Springfield, MA May 20-22, 2005. The trade show is free and
the New England Large Format Group will be doing field trips to local sites.

steve simmons
Old September 11th 04, 07:44 AM
Jorge Gasteazoro

(Largformat) wrote in message ...
Subject: Next View Camera conference
From:
(Jorge Gasteazoro)
Date: 9/10/2004 6:01 PM Mountain Daylight Time
(Largformat) wrote in message
We have selected Springfield, MA May 20-22, 2005. The trade show is free and
the New England Large Format Group will be doing field trips to local sites.

steve simmons

This is typical, you post asking for suggestions and then you ignore
them and pick your own, why do you keep bothering everybody here with
this question? Couls it be so that once again you get to advertise
your conference for free under the guise of "asking for suggestions"?
If you think you are being clever, think again!

Springfield was one of the places we mentioned as a possibility early on. I am
telling people about a free opportunity to meet with other lf photographers,
see equipment, photograph with people from a local area, etc., etc.

steve simmons

Would you please point to me where Springfield was mentioned, other
than by you?

WHat is free about going to a conference and meeting other
photographers? is like telling a doctor to go to a conference and that
he gets to meet other doctors for free...what a load of crap. Nope you
are hoping people will be hooked by this so they attend whatever you
have planned for the conferences and pay for it. Please dont try to
make it look as if you are doing this out of the goodness of your
heart. You are not fooling anybody with this BS. Once again, you
thought you were being clever by asking opinions, and true to form
just like all the other times, you made a choice which ignored all the
other suggestions and got to advertise your conference for
free.....once again, you are not being clever, and many of us are
tired of this.
Old September 11th 04, 07:44 AM
Jorge Gasteazoro

From:
(Jorge Gasteazoro)

Old September 11th 04, 12:15 PM
Shelley

I am
telling people about a free opportunity to meet with other lf

photographers,

Free? I thought the only free parts were looking at the products for sale
(i.e. the trade show) and the part where some local photographers took
people on a field trip in the Springfield area. Isn't there a charge for
actually attending the conference itself, i.e. attending the lectures,
getting critiques, etc? IIRC last year it cost something like $150-$200 to
attend all the lectures and get a critique. Is the conference itself free
this year? If not, perhaps you should disclose that just so people who are
unfamiliar with the fee structure of the conference aren't misled.

"Jorge Gasteazoro" wrote in message
m...

From:
(Jorge Gasteazoro)

Old September 11th 04, 04:23 PM
BBarlow690

I, for one, posted Springfield early on as a suggestion, surely earning Jorge's
ire for all eternity.

Since then, I have lobbied Steve hard to bring it to the Northeast,
specifically to Springfield, and understand what all Steve and the VC folks
looked at in evaluating there and other eastern destinations as well, including
all the suggestions he received via posts.

I lobbied based on closeness to the Hartford/Springfield airport (that
consistently has good service and fares), availability of sufficient conference
space, proximity to interesting places to photograph (which I hope to have the
Western New England Large Format Photography Group help with outings), and not
the least, the Basketball Hall of Fame.

So I'll take some of the rap, gladly, because I'm happy to see the conference
come east, and, quite honestly, be in my own back yard, even though I
thoroughly enjoye Monterey last April, and always enjoy Santa Fe. Call me a
sore winner...

Bruce Barlow

Old September 11th 04, 11:33 PM
Jorge Gasteazoro

(BBarlow690) wrote in message ...
[...]

Nope, I could not care less where it is held or how much you lobbbied.
Certainly I dont see you as "winning" anything. I do notice you are
the only one suggesting this venue, when many more people suggested
Las Vegas, Chicago, etc. Cities that IMO would have been much more
convenient to many more people. In any case, the bottom line is not
having to read about this conference in this or any other forum every
two months, that I would like to see. Where is held, is of no
consequence to me, as I wont be attending any of them regardless of
where is held.
Old September 12th 04, 02:55 AM
Anonymous

Perhaps Jorge and Shelley should go ahead and go to Chicago together. I'd
sure they'd have a lovely time together together... LOL

om...