Boston

Old January 31st 11, 08:38 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Michael Benveniste[_2_]

Default Boston

"otter" wrote:

I'm going to be in the Boston area the next 3 days for a business
trip. I'll be tied up during the day for meetings, but I might be
able to slip away some night to take pictures. Any suggestions on
good locations for night shots in the Boston area?

For tonight (Monday), I suggest heading over to the Cambridge
side of the Charles River and taking shots of the Back Bay
skyline. The Mother Church and the Zakim bridge can also make
for great shots. Dress Warmly.

Tuesday and Wednesday, Boston is forecast to get a major
snow, with some "Wintery Mix" tossed in. Some media outlets
forecasting total snow accumulations in the 16-20" range.
That's in addition to large piles of snow leftover from the
3rd snowiest January in the city's history. What shots of
opportunity this will create is anyone's guess, ranging from
massive traffic jams to lovely ice covered trees. Stay safe!

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
Its name is Public opinion. It is held in reverence. It settles

Old February 1st 11, 02:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 15:38:05 -0500, "Michael Benveniste"
wrote:
: "otter" wrote:
:
: I'm going to be in the Boston area the next 3 days for a business
: trip. I'll be tied up during the day for meetings, but I might be
: able to slip away some night to take pictures. Any suggestions on
: good locations for night shots in the Boston area?
:
: For tonight (Monday), I suggest heading over to the Cambridge
: side of the Charles River and taking shots of the Back Bay
: skyline. The Mother Church and the Zakim bridge can also make
: for great shots. Dress Warmly.

The only place I know of to photograph the Zakim Bridge from ground level is
North Point. Take the Green Line subway to Science Park and walk west towards
Lechmere Square. Turn right after the Craigie Bridge construction, then right
again into North Point Park. Walk along the path until you get to the river,
and the bridge will be off to your left.

I've also tried to photograph the bridge from the Boston side, by the little
park next to the TD Garden (where the Celtics and Bruins play). But the view
isn't nearly as good.

Bob