How much for a Nikon D300

Old April 25th 09, 05:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Chris Curtis

Default How much for a Nikon D300

After getting a new D3 I'm selling my D300 to a someone I know.

I would like to ask if you could give me an idea of what would be a
resonable price for:
D300, body only. 4800 clicks.
2 EN-EL3e batteries.
MB-D10 Battery Pack.
He would also get all the software that came with it and anythign that was
in the
original box hwen I bought it. That would include Capture NX.
1.3 I think.
It has the latest firmware and looks and operates like brand new.

I was thinking 1,300 USD.
Unfair?

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Old April 25th 09, 05:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mark Sieving

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 23:03:00 -0500, "Chris Curtis"
wrote:

After getting a new D3 I'm selling my D300 to a someone I know.

I would like to ask if you could give me an idea of what would be a
resonable price for:
D300, body only. 4800 clicks.
2 EN-EL3e batteries.
MB-D10 Battery Pack.
He would also get all the software that came with it and anythign that was
in the
original box hwen I bought it. That would include Capture NX.
1.3 I think.
It has the latest firmware and looks and operates like brand new.

I was thinking 1,300 USD.
Unfair?

Thanks for your help.

By way of comparison, KEH.com has the D300 body with battery and
charger, in like new minus condition, at $1,399. The MB-D10 battery
pack in same condition is another $99. So $1,300 for the whole thing
seems reasonable to me.
Old April 25th 09, 05:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Chris Curtis

wrote:

[...]

Thank you very much for your reply.
I hadn't looked at KEH.
Completely forgot.

Thanks

CC

Old April 25th 09, 08:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J Taylor[_11_]

Mark Sieving wrote:
[]
By way of comparison, KEH.com has the D300 body with battery and
charger, in like new minus condition, at $1,399. The MB-D10 battery
pack in same condition is another $99. So $1,300 for the whole thing
seems reasonable to me.

Seems completely unreasonable to me. If something is $1400 new, I would
expect the second-hand price to be half to two-thirds of the new, so
$700 - $900, maybe $1000 max.

David

Old April 25th 09, 09:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
D Peter Maus

On 04/24/09 23:03, Chris Curtis wrote:
After getting a new D3 I'm selling my D300 to a someone I know.

I would like to ask if you could give me an idea of what would be a
resonable price for:
D300, body only. 4800 clicks.
2 EN-EL3e batteries.
MB-D10 Battery Pack.
He would also get all the software that came with it and anythign that was
in the
original box hwen I bought it. That would include Capture NX.
1.3 I think.
It has the latest firmware and looks and operates like brand new.

I was thinking 1,300 USD.
Unfair?

Thanks for your help.

Chris

I paid $1400 for my D300 new. You may wish to reconsider your price.

And not that it's any of my business,....and being totally
unaware of your financial situation,...but you may wish to
reconsider selling it at all.

I shoot a full-frame most of the time. (D700.) But when I'm
shooting aerials, sports, or anytime extra reach is useful, the same
glass on my D300's DX sensor solves several problems without the
light loss of a telecoverter, the expense of new glass, or the
cumbersome weight of extra reach glass in the bag. Especially in the
aircraft.

Your mileage may vary, of course.

Congratulations on the D3, in any event.

Old April 25th 09, 11:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Dimitris M

For the body 1000 USD is the maximum I think. For the battery not more than
20 USD each. The MB-D10 about 150 USD. I think that a fair price is about
1.100 to 1.150 for all IF the camera is as new AND if the camera is only a
few months old with the guaranty still active for more than a year in the
future.

When buy or sell a camera consider that the guaranty is worth about 15% of
the price for one year or 25% for 2 years. For ex, when you pay 1.400 $ for
a new D300 with 2 year guaranty, the camera worth 1.050 and the guaranty
350. So the value of this camera after 2 years with 0 guaranty is about 50%
of the original price, about 525 $. A new camera bought in other country,
when goes to another and is not covered by guaranty it loses 25% of it's
value immediately. That is what I Believe of course.

BTW, the Capture NX included is demo working for a month only.
--
Dimitris M

Old April 25th 09, 02:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Me

David J Taylor wrote:
Mark Sieving wrote:
[]
By way of comparison, KEH.com has the D300 body with battery and
charger, in like new minus condition, at $1,399. The MB-D10 battery
pack in same condition is another $99. So $1,300 for the whole thing
seems reasonable to me.

Seems completely unreasonable to me. If something is $1400 new, I would
expect the second-hand price to be half to two-thirds of the new, so
$700 - $900, maybe $1000 max.

I don't think you'd get a new D300 from a reputable dealer for US$1400
today.
B&H current price is US$1700 after $100 rebate, but sans CaptureNX. The
MBD10 is around $250, so US$1300 /is/ about 2/3 new price.

Old April 25th 09, 03:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J Taylor[_11_]

Me wrote:
David J Taylor wrote:
Mark Sieving wrote:
[]
By way of comparison, KEH.com has the D300 body with battery and
charger, in like new minus condition, at $1,399. The MB-D10 battery
pack in same condition is another $99. So $1,300 for the whole
thing seems reasonable to me.

Seems completely unreasonable to me. If something is $1400 new, I
would expect the second-hand price to be half to two-thirds of the
new, so $700 - $900, maybe $1000 max.

I don't think you'd get a new D300 from a reputable dealer for US$1400
today.
B&H current price is US$1700 after $100 rebate, but sans CaptureNX. The
MBD10 is around $250, so US$1300 /is/ about 2/3 new price.

If that's the case, then it's a reasonable, although high-end, price to
me.

David

Old April 25th 09, 03:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Chris Curtis

BTW, the Capture NX included is demo working for a month only.
--
Dimitris M

This is a full license.

CC

Old April 25th 09, 03:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mark Sieving

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 07:41:18 GMT, "David J Taylor"
wrote:

Mark Sieving wrote:
[]
By way of comparison, KEH.com has the D300 body with battery and
charger, in like new minus condition, at $1,399. The MB-D10 battery
pack in same condition is another $99. So $1,300 for the whole thing
seems reasonable to me.

Seems completely unreasonable to me. If something is $1400 new, I would
expect the second-hand price to be half to two-thirds of the new, so
$700 - $900, maybe $1000 max.

Where can you get a D300 for $1,400 new?