1770 The date Australia lost it's independence

Old June 10th 07, 10:15 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Ryadia[_3_]

Default 1770 The date Australia lost it's independence

Australia was "discovered" by Lieutenant James Cook in 1770 when he came
ashore at the place called 1770. Australia lost it's independence that day
as he claimed the place for the British.

Oh well, It could have been worse, we could have been invaded by American's
using an army of mass destruction, looking for weapons of mass destruction.

http://www.ryadia.com/pod/June/10-06-07.htm

Old June 10th 07, 12:18 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Doug Jewell

"Ryadia" wrote in message ...
Australia was "discovered" by Lieutenant James Cook in 1770 when he came
ashore at the place called 1770. Australia lost it's independence that day
as he claimed the place for the British.

Attention to detail d-mac - cook first landed at botany bay, not at 1770.

Old June 11th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Ryadia

On Jun 10, 9:18 pm, "Doug Jewell" wrote:
"Ryadia" wrote in ...
Australia was "discovered" by Lieutenant James Cook in 1770 when he came
ashore at the place called 1770. Australia lost it's independence that day
as he claimed the place for the British.

Attention to detail d-mac - cook first landed at botany bay, not at 1770.

http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/June/cooks-landing.htm

I imagine sailing down the east coast of Australia, he'd have to pass
this spot on his way to Sydney. Yes? No?
http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/June/cooks-landing.htm

Old June 11th 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
mmnospam

"Ryadia" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 10, 9:18 pm, "Doug Jewell" wrote:
"Ryadia" wrote in ...
Australia was "discovered" by Lieutenant James Cook in 1770 when he
came
ashore at the place called 1770. Australia lost it's independence that
day
as he claimed the place for the British.

Attention to detail d-mac - cook first landed at botany bay, not at 1770.

http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/June/cooks-landing.htm

I imagine sailing down the east coast of Australia, he'd have to pass
this spot on his way to Sydney. Yes? No?
http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/June/cooks-landing.htm

Ryadia, he sailed north up the coast --

http://www.the-great-barrier-reef-ex...rier-reef.html

Old June 11th 07, 01:54 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Ryadia

On Jun 11, 10:16 am, "mmnospam" mmnospam@thanks wrote:
"Ryadia" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Jun 10, 9:18 pm, "Doug Jewell" wrote:
"Ryadia" wrote in ...
Australia was "discovered" by Lieutenant James Cook in 1770 when he
came
ashore at the place called 1770. Australia lost it's independence that
day
as he claimed the place for the British.

Attention to detail d-mac - cook first landed at botany bay, not at 1770.

http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/June/cooks-landing.htm

I imagine sailing down the east coast of Australia, he'd have to pass
this spot on his way to Sydney. Yes? No?
http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/June/cooks-landing.htm

Ryadia, he sailed north up the coast --

http://www.the-great-barrier-reef-ex...ery-of-the-gre...

Thank you for that. Not having been schooled in Australia, I have only
the "Red necks" (my friends, incidentally) information to guide.

Old June 11th 07, 01:23 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Avery

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 16:57:42 -0700, Ryadia
wrote:

On Jun 10, 9:18 pm, "Doug Jewell" wrote:
"Ryadia" wrote in ...
Australia was "discovered" by Lieutenant James Cook in 1770 when he came
ashore at the place called 1770. Australia lost it's independence that day
as he claimed the place for the British.

Attention to detail d-mac - cook first landed at botany bay, not at 1770.

http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/June/cooks-landing.htm

I imagine sailing down the east coast of Australia, he'd have to pass
this spot on his way to Sydney. Yes? No?
http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/June/cooks-landing.htm

In April 1770 Cook, after exploring the coast of New Zealand headed
west till he sighted the southeast corner of Australia. He then turned
north and landed at Botany Bay. In May he continued north and next
made landfall at Bustard Bay on May 24th.

I know it is hard for you Doug, but you do have to at least try to get
it right.
Old June 11th 07, 08:14 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Doug Jewell

"Ryadia" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 10, 9:18 pm, "Doug Jewell" wrote:
"Ryadia" wrote in ...
Australia was "discovered" by Lieutenant James Cook in 1770 when he
came
ashore at the place called 1770. Australia lost it's independence that
day
as he claimed the place for the British.

Attention to detail d-mac - cook first landed at botany bay, not at 1770.

http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/June/cooks-landing.htm

I imagine sailing down the east coast of Australia, he'd have to pass
this spot on his way to Sydney. Yes? No?
http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/June/cooks-landing.htm

He went north, first landing at botany bay, then went up to where 1770 now
is, and later spent a lot of time at endeavour river - near present day
Cooktown (hence the name) - after being shipwrecked on the barrier reef.
By the way - I very much did like the photo of the boat at 1770 that started
this thread. I'm sure the critics could probably find something wrong with
it, but I reckon it looks ok. :-)

Old June 12th 07, 07:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Ryadia

On Jun 11, 5:14 pm, "Doug Jewell" wrote:
"Ryadia" wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

For some inexplicable reason a lot of my posts have generated anger,
hate, confusion, bigotry, racial hatred and very little photographic
discussion.
I'm not sure where it starts. Certainly not intentionally with me but
they build momentum until the threads become the focus of the group. I
wonder why that is?

The most alarming part of this one is so many variations on the
History of Cook and all by people claiming to be born Australians. God
save the queen and us if any of them (including the well meaning lady
who misguided me) ever get any power in the country!

Old June 12th 07, 07:41 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Pete D[_2_]

"Ryadia" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 11, 5:14 pm, "Doug Jewell" wrote:
"Ryadia" wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

Cos you call people "******s" and the like I guess and because previous
posts have been pretty abusive as well, the past in this case is biting you
on the bum!.

Old June 10th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Annika1980

On Jun 10, 5:15 am, "Ryadia" wrote:

Oh well, It could have been worse, we could have been invaded by American's
using an army of mass destruction, looking for weapons of mass destruction.

Hey, that could still happen ... as long as that chimp is in charge.
You guys have any oil and ****? If so, we'll be happy to come in and
kill a few thousand of you to free you from your oppressive regime.