Pictures Are Blurry

Old February 5th 08, 11:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
new

Default Pictures Are Blurry

It seems most of the pictures that I take are just blurry, and
sometimes I just want to purchase a disposable camera again.
Old February 5th 08, 11:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jürgen Exner

new wrote:
It seems most of the pictures that I take are just blurry, and

Can be several reasons:
- not in focus
- motion blur
- camera shake
- defective camera

Without more details of what you are doing, maybe a description of how you
are taking photos and what settings you are using, and even better a few
sample photos (unedited originals with the EXIF data intact) it is
impossible to narrow down the cause.

sometimes I just want to purchase a disposable camera again.

Last time I checked those were still available at the checkout lines at the
grocery stores.

jue
Old February 5th 08, 12:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
bugbear

new wrote:
It seems most of the pictures that I take are just blurry

Mine are ok.

BugBear
Old February 5th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tom Yost[_2_]

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 03:06:05 -0800 (PST), new
wrote:

It seems most of the pictures that I take are just blurry, and
sometimes I just want to purchase a disposable camera again.

My colleague had a similar complaint about her camera. I figured out
that she just not realize how the digital camera works.

Unlike a film camera which generally snaps the photo instantly when
you push the button, a digital camera takes a couple of seconds to
focus and adjust for exposure before the shutter actually releases.

You may be pushing the button and then not holding it steady or even
moving the camera away before the pic is taken.

Most digital cams have a two step shutter button.
- Push halfway to focus and set exposure
(Usually there is a visual or audio clue that tells you when it's
ready)
- Push the button the rest of the way to take the picture.

Try this!

Old February 5th 08, 05:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jürgen Exner

Tom Yost wrote:
On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 03:06:05 -0800 (PST), new
It seems most of the pictures that I take are just blurry, and
sometimes I just want to purchase a disposable camera again.

Unlike a film camera which generally snaps the photo instantly when
you push the button, a digital camera takes a couple of seconds to
focus and adjust for exposure before the shutter actually releases.

You may be pushing the button and then not holding it steady or even
moving the camera away before the pic is taken.

Excellent guess! I didn't even think of the shutter lag in compact digitals
as possibly being a factor. But you are absolutely right.

jue
Old February 5th 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ed Mullikin

wrote:

It seems most of the pictures that I take are just blurry, and
sometimes I just want to purchase a disposable camera again.

My colleague had a similar complaint about her camera. I figured out
that she just not realize how the digital camera works.

Unlike a film camera which generally snaps the photo instantly when
you push the button, a digital camera takes a couple of seconds to
focus and adjust for exposure before the shutter actually releases.

You may be pushing the button and then not holding it steady or even
moving the camera away before the pic is taken.

Most digital cams have a two step shutter button.
- Push halfway to focus and set exposure
(Usually there is a visual or audio clue that tells you when it's
ready)
- Push the button the rest of the way to take the picture.

Try this!

My wife is an intelligent woman but put a camera in her hands and her IQ
drops to 15 or so. We were in Africa and parted company for a while. When
we were together again I asked her if she took any photos. The reply was in
the affirmative. Turns out she FOCUSED the camera about twenty times and
took nary one photo.

Old February 5th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 18:15:07 -0500, "Ed Mullikin"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

My wife has never understood that only what is visible in the
viewfinder is what is likely to appear on taken picture. Look through
our photos, and the ones of headless subjects are hers.

--

Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old February 6th 08, 02:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

wrote:

It seems most of the pictures that I take are just blurry,

Set your camera on "auto", frame a stationary subject as desired, and
slowly press the shutter release while looking at or thru your camera
image viewer. If you carefully follow these instructions at least
seventy percent of your images will not be blurry.

Later I will tell you how to obtain sharp images of moving subjects.

sometimes I just want to purchase a disposable camera again.

It will be perfectly OK if you buy a disposable camera.