Sony F828 vs Coolpix 5700 vs Foveon

Old January 21st 04, 06:07 AM

Default Sony F828 vs Coolpix 5700 vs Foveon

Hi

I=B4m totally confused. I=B4ve read allmost everything I could find abou=

digital cameras (reviews etc) and still I can=B4t say I=B4m ready to buy
anything. Why does one allways feel that no matter which digital
camera you buy you=B4ll buy something thats all ready oldfashioned and
at the same time have the feeling that someone is trying to cheat you
buiyng a camera that is made cheap on behalf of quality? There is
allways a "BUT": Low battery, expensive battery, high noise, too small
amount of pixels, too small CCD, no accessories worth talking about,
too expensive accessories etc. etc.

I=B4ve been seriously looking for a digital camera for my self for about
a year now. Allways been looking for THE CAMERA. Got a Coolpix at work
- old 995 - still works great. A bit slow, but takes OK pictures 3.3
mio. pix. No good for action and no good for birds far away. Guess
this was really quality some years ago?

So i looked at Coolpix 5700 - but found it a bit expensive. And folks
talk about the lens not being good enough - because the "wideangel"
equals an 35mm - so I=B4ve been sticking to my old Nikon F90X and F80
with Sigmas 17-35mm and 100-300mm lenses making a good job. But still
I missed a digital camera - found myself sitting for hours
scanning....Zzzzzzzz.....and its sooooo heavy to carry arround.

But then came the roumours: SONY F828 was on it=B4s way - 8 mio. pix.
Zeiss optics etc. And to a price only a bit higher than coolpix 5700.
I was allmost ready to buy it unseen, but after reading some of the
reviews I am in doubt once again. Noise over iso 100....battery and
mem sticks to expensive....all the BUTs came along again.....

A lot of you nice folks writes bad about this camera.....allmost no
one writes any real good about it - only SONY talks real nice about
it....

Bootom line - which camera should I go for? I don=B4t want a SLR because
I allready have 2 nice old analog ones - i like a more compact digital
camera, but with the abillity of making really good professional
pictures - and with a lens with some optical zoom - not ust 3X which
is almost the default size today. Thats why I was hooked on the
Coolpix 5700 and the F828...but are there any other cameras with
better specs. or is it the best I=B4ve all ready found?

Any clues or suggestions?

Thanx in advance...

Morten

Get a Foveon right ****ing now

Sony F828 Philip Digital Photography 5 July 6th 04 09:41 AM
Flash bracket: Coolpix 5700 - SC-28 cable Christopher Muto Digital Photography 2 June 25th 04 12:30 PM