A blurry photo

Old November 11th 13, 11:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tim Conway[_2_]

Default A blurry photo

"PeterN" wrote in message
On 11/11/2013 5:42 PM, Tim Conway wrote:
"PeterN" wrote in message
On 11/10/2013 10:57 PM, Tim Conway wrote:
"PeterN" wrote in message
Some photos are not supposed to be sharp.
As always, all comments welcome.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/under%20the%20wave.jpg

Hey Peter, I like it. It's kind of impressionistic and depicts the
motion.

Thanks. In my POV the creator is the only one who has to like it. You
hit
the nail on the head. It is impressionistic, and done in camera.

Would that be an American Oyster Catcher?

Yup. There is a breeding colony of them about 20 minutes away.

I once had a similar photo of some white geese coming upon a nest of
Canadien geese and tormenting them and the standoff between the
Canadien
geese couple and the two or three white geese was really
interesting----mainly because my flash batteries died and I didn't have
replacement, so I captured the scene at a slow blurrred shutter speed.
LOL
It actually worked better than a sharp shot with flash cuz it suggested
the
movement and action going on.
Tim

Can you post a link, I would enjoy seeing it.

I don't have an account to host images. I'd like to email you a version
of
it once I find it and digitize it. Thanks,
Tim

thanks.
You could get a free Dropbox account at
http//www.dropbox.com
I, the duck ans several others use dropbox.

Thank you, I'll look into that.
Now, all I have to do is go get some photos digitized. I'm a little slow
right now, recovering from a broken fibula/ankle. Whenever I get to this,
I'll post them.

Old November 11th 13, 11:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-11-11 22:42:05 +0000, PeterN said:

Le Snip
When shooting birds diving through waves, a godd shot is a lucky shot.
I also figured that I'd get something similar to human surfer shots.

Something like this?
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/Fil...NC5636-E2w.jpg

Savageduck

Old November 12th 13, 12:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN[_4_]

On 2013-11-11 22:42:05 +0000, PeterN said:

Le Snip
When shooting birds diving through waves, a godd shot is a lucky shot.
I also figured that I'd get something similar to human surfer shots.

Something like this?
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/Fil...NC5636-E2w.jpg

Nice shot.
BTW the bird is just slightly smaller.

--
PeterN
Old November 12th 13, 12:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN[_4_]

"PeterN" wrote in message
[...]

Just get better. I can empathize. Last July I was T boned, by an off
duty cop, who had too much to drink. Fortunately, although the car was
totaled, nobody was seriously injured. I had a shoulder injury from the
seat belt.

--
PeterN
Old November 12th 13, 01:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-11-11 22:42:05 +0000, PeterN said:

Le Snip
When shooting birds diving through waves, a godd shot is a lucky shot.
I also figured that I'd get something similar to human surfer shots.

Something like this?
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/Fil...NC5636-E2w.jpg

Nice shot.

Thanks!

BTW the bird is just slightly smaller.

Set the camera up.
AF-C, 3D FP tracking, shutter speed no slower than 1/500 second,
probably 1/2000-1/4000 could suit the situation, and a continuous
low-speed rate of 4-5 FPS for CL-mode. That way you can do a little
machine gunning of the birdies.

Savageduck

Old November 12th 13, 01:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN[_4_]

On 2013-11-11 22:42:05 +0000, PeterN said:

Le Snip
When shooting birds diving through waves, a godd shot is a lucky shot.
I also figured that I'd get something similar to human surfer shots.

Something like this?
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/Fil...NC5636-E2w.jpg

Nice shot.

Thanks!

BTW the bird is just slightly smaller.

Set the camera up.
AF-C, 3D FP tracking, shutter speed no slower than 1/500 second,
probably 1/2000-1/4000 could suit the situation, and a continuous
low-speed rate of 4-5 FPS for CL-mode. That way you can do a little
machine gunning of the birdies.

Just for a change of pace, I tried some street yesterday. made some
minor exposure adjustments, and cropping.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/some%20street/_DSC0872.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/some%20street/_DSC0874.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/some%20street/_DSC0958.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/some%20street/_DSC0963.jpg

--
PeterN
Old November 12th 13, 01:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-11-11 22:42:05 +0000, PeterN said:

Le Snip
[...]

Aah! Got the Tai Chi-ists.

Savageduck

Old November 12th 13, 01:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN[_4_]

On 2013-11-11 22:42:05 +0000, PeterN
said:

[...]

And I'm glad this guy didn't mind have his picture taken.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC0885.jpg

--
PeterN
Old November 12th 13, 02:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Floyd L. Davidson

PeterN wrote:

The closest I've been to Barrow was Fairbanks. On that day the
temperature hit 95. No air conditioning in the restaurants, and the
hotel A/C was not up to the challenge. On that day I could have made a
fortune selling ice in Alaska.

--
PeterN

I lived near Fairbanks for a couple decades, and frankly
I enjoy the moderated weather near an ocean a lot
better! The average temps for Fairbanks don't look too
bad... until one discovers that it is *never* at the
average for any significant amount of time! It bounces
from near the record high to near the record low on any
given date all the time. In the summer it often gets
over 90F. In the winter it often gets down to -60F in
the areas near Fairbanks, though not at the official
weather station.

Here in Barrow we rarely ever get colder than -40 in the
winter or warmer than 60F in the summer. Nice! And
whatever the average is for any given day of the year is
pretty much what one can expect it to be at that time of
year.

Right now it is a balmy 20F. Of course the wind has
been blowing at 30-40 MPH for three days too... :-)

--
Floyd L. Davidson http://www.apaflo.com/
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)
Old November 12th 13, 02:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN[_4_]

On 11/11/2013 9:20 PM, Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
PeterN wrote:

[...]

My wife gets cold when it is below 70F. I get sick when it's over about
75. Our thermostat gets quite a workout, as you may imagine.

--
PeterN