Why doesn't Olympus release an OM-1d?

Old August 8th 05, 04:23 AM
David Dyer-Bennet

"Steve Franklin" writes:

It's like buying a car with airconditioning and you don't like
airconditioning. Don't use it?

That's one of the three *expensive* options on a car, nearly $1000
usually. Bad example, I think; if it's expensive enough to notice, I
can see why "don't use it" isn't a satisfactory answer!
Dragaera/Steven Brust: http://dragaera.info/ Much of which is still down
Old August 8th 05, 11:42 AM
Tony Polson

"Darrell" wrote:

"Tony Polson" wrote in message
.. .
"wilt" wrote:
I entirely support the concept you propose, so that my lens
investment (with some somewhat exotic and with some fairly fast glass)
would be more actively used once again. What I have for my 20D is not
nearly fast enough maximum apertures to equal my OM system, and I have
an OM perspective control lens I would dearly love to use with a
digital camera.

So buy a E300 or E1 and get the Olympus MA-1 adapter, seems easy enough. The
downside is the FOV with the 4:3 system is the lens will be doubled.

The Olympus OM shift lenses are virtually useless on the Four Thirds
cameras - even the 24mm shift has an equivalent focal length of 48mm
on an E Series body, and a 48mm shift lens is of very limited value.

Old August 13th 05, 05:12 PM
wilt

And now I can report that I have indeed found and purchased an adapter
to use my OM lenses on my 20D!

Now I can use my 24mm PC lens and use it for architectural shots
(albeit not as wide in the crop format). And I have quite a few fast
lenses that can be used on my 20D without reinvesting in fast Canon
glass. Since the 24 PC is a preset lens, it works no differently on my
20D than on my OM-4! And since I would shoot with a 50mm f/1.4 or
135mm f/2.8 at or near wide open for available light situations, I am
not bothered by lack of auto diaphram. And since I have been using the
technique of prefocus for shooting at events, I am not bothered by the
loss of autofocus.

--Wilt