Opinions needed: Fix & sell Canon A1, sell broken or just scrap?

Old April 6th 04, 08:49 PM
Steve Bougerolle

Default Opinions needed: Fix & sell Canon A1, sell broken or just scrap?

I've got a Canon A1 here that I bought a few years which has
broken down on me. There's no response at all from the meter or
shutter, seems an electronic fault rather than a mechanical one.
It broke down just the same way once before and I had it fixed, but
obviously the repair didn't hold up. Anyway, I need to decide
what to do with this, and since it's a spare camera and I've pretty
much decided to go digital I see three options:

1) I could pay to get it fixed and then try to sell it.

2) I could just try to sell it as is, hoping somebody would buy
it who was confident of being able to fix it himself.

3) I could give up and use it as a paperweight.

What would you all do in this situation?

Old April 7th 04, 03:58 AM
Steve Bougerolle

Thanks all for the great (and prompt) response! I think I will
eBay it, tonight or tomorrow.