Semi Pro Lab Printer Recommendations?

Old April 7th 05, 05:37 PM
paul

g n p wrote:

How 'bout the Oly P-440 8x10 dye-sub??

$339.95
http://www.mdiusa.com/cgi-local/Soft....htm?E+scstore

100 A4 sheets + 2 ink ribbons Matte or Glossy $157.95

So that's $1.58/print including paper & ink ribbons if I read correctly.

Do they make anything larger?

Old April 7th 05, 07:28 PM
g n p

"paul" wrote in message

g n p wrote:

How 'bout the Oly P-440 8x10 dye-sub??

$339.95
http://www.mdiusa.com/cgi-local/Soft....htm?E+scstore

100 A4 sheets + 2 ink ribbons Matte or Glossy $157.95

So that's $1.58/print including paper & ink ribbons if I read correctly.

Do they make anything larger?

Even though I suspect irony in your comment, no this is it.
Print quality is great, though ( www.steves-digicams.com )

Old April 7th 05, 08:19 PM
Tayvan

That's about what I found. Amazon.com's initial price is higher, but
shipping is lower so they both worked out to around $375. Couple of
places pricing out in the $350 range, but couldn't vouch for their
company reps. (NY based companies)

As for media, mdiusa's shipping cost kind of kills it. Working out to
$1.70/print, vs. Amazon.com's free shipping and $152 price tag...
bringing it down to $1.52/print.

Not too shabby.

As far as size... no. 8x10 is as large as you get. On the upside
though, you're not locked into a dedicated 8x10 printer like the Kodak.

The P-440's a bit older technology, but I haven't heard back from them
yet as to when the superceeding model will be released, and it's
offerings.

~Cheers

Old April 7th 05, 08:20 PM
paul

g n p wrote:

"paul" wrote in message

g n p wrote:

How 'bout the Oly P-440 8x10 dye-sub??

$339.95
http://www.mdiusa.com/cgi-local/Soft....htm?E+scstore

100 A4 sheets + 2 ink ribbons Matte or Glossy $157.95

So that's $1.58/print including paper & ink ribbons if I read correctly.

Do they make anything larger?

Even though I suspect irony in your comment, no this is it.
Print quality is great, though ( www.steves-digicams.com )

No irony, I'd like to test one, I think it makes good sense for digital
pictures & I'm not fond of ink jets dots & banding & clogs.

I see the Kodak 8500 is about $1000. Is it that much better than the Oly?

I noticed some 8-1/2x12 paper which would be a little nicer than 8x10 &
match my aspect ratio better. 8-1/2x12.75 borderless would be ideal.