Flat battery, lee shore, marooned in paradise

Old April 6th 07, 11:10 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
\(The real\) Douglas[_28_]

Default Flat battery, lee shore, marooned in paradise

Danger of fire is ever present on a boat. Petron is a real hazard. Using a
battery powered outboard and then discovering the Duracell bunny is nowhere
to be found just as the storm closes in could result in a reassessment of
priorities!
http://www.ryadia.com/flatbat.htm

Douglas

Old April 7th 07, 12:20 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Scott W

On Apr 6, 12:10 pm, "\(The real\) Douglas" DJ4groups-
wrote:
Danger of fire is ever present on a boat. Petron is a real hazard. Using a
battery powered outboard and then discovering the Duracell bunny is nowhere
to be found just as the storm closes in could result in a reassessment of
priorities!http://www.ryadia.com/flatbat.htm

Douglas

Bummer, clearly you need a boat that can be paddled.
http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/76755717/original

And yes I know the highlights are blown, it was taken with my little
point and shoot.

Scott

Old April 7th 07, 01:53 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Colin_D

(The real) Douglas wrote:
Danger of fire is ever present on a boat. Petron is a real hazard. Using a
battery powered outboard and then discovering the Duracell bunny is nowhere
to be found just as the storm closes in could result in a reassessment of
priorities!
http://www.ryadia.com/flatbat.htm

Douglas

That's not Ryadia, surely? {:-)

Colin D.

Old April 7th 07, 02:26 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
\(The real\) Douglas[_32_]

oups.com...
: wrote:
: Danger of fire is ever present on a boat. Petron is a real hazard. Using
: battery powered outboard and then discovering the Duracell bunny is
nowhere
: to be found just as the storm closes in could result in a reassessment
of
: priorities!http://www.ryadia.com/flatbat.htm
:
: Douglas
:
: Bummer, clearly you need a boat that can be paddled.
: http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/76755717/original
:
: And yes I know the highlights are blown, it was taken with my little
: point and shoot.
:
: Scott
:
:
Hell man... I can do that with 5D!
What I have a problem doing is cutting off the bow and the boat staying
afloat!

Old April 7th 07, 03:36 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Scott W

On Apr 6, 3:26 pm, "\(The real\) Douglas" DJ4groups-
wrote:
"Scott W" wrote in message

oups.com...
[...]

Well that is always the question in this kind of shot, do I frame it
such that the whole boat in
included but then loose a lot of detail of the paddlers or to I come
in closer so you can see the paddlers better?

I mostly try to get the close in shots since I find those to be more
interesting.

Scott

Old April 7th 07, 03:57 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
\(The real\) Douglas[_33_]

"Colin_D" wrote in message
.. .
: (The real) Douglas wrote:
: Danger of fire is ever present on a boat. Petron is a real hazard. Using
: battery powered outboard and then discovering the Duracell bunny is
nowhere
: to be found just as the storm closes in could result in a reassessment
of
: priorities!
: http://www.ryadia.com/flatbat.htm
:
: Douglas
:
:
: That's not Ryadia, surely? {:-)
:
: Colin D.
:
: --

You can tell the difference if look closely. No mast!

Old April 7th 07, 04:22 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
uw wayne

On Apr 6, 5:10 pm, "\(The real\) Douglas" DJ4groups-
wrote:
Danger of fire is ever present on a boat. Petron is a real hazard. Using a
battery powered outboard and then discovering the Duracell bunny is nowhere
to be found just as the storm closes in could result in a reassessment of
priorities!http://www.ryadia.com/flatbat.htm

Douglas

Is this in Aus??. The water is a terrible muddy!

Old April 7th 07, 04:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
mm[_2_]

ups.com...
wrote:
Danger of fire is ever present on a boat. Petron is a real hazard. Using
battery powered outboard and then discovering the Duracell bunny is
nowhere
to be found just as the storm closes in could result in a reassessment of
priorities!http://www.ryadia.com/flatbat.htm

Douglas

Is this in Aus??. The water is a terrible muddy!

And remarkably dry as well.

Old April 7th 07, 04:20 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

(The real) Douglas wrote:
Danger of fire is ever present on a boat. Petron is a real hazard. Using a
battery powered outboard and then discovering the Duracell bunny is nowhere
to be found just as the storm closes in could result in a reassessment of
priorities!

That's usually referred to as "poor seamanship"