[SI] I miss...

Old June 27th 04, 10:00 AM
TP

Default [SI] I miss...

Al Denelsbeck wrote:

All the crybabies have
abandoned the Shoot-In and demonstrated their petulance by turning into
trolls.

The ones who have abandoned the Shoot-In certainly include a few who
were capable of making good shots that actually satisfied the brief.
No-one could say that of those who remain.

It defies logic to take a mere snapshot in your local area and then
claim that it represents "Local Culture". But that's the nature of
the SI; the blind leading the blind, and no sign of any improvement,
in fact quite the opposite.

Old June 27th 04, 11:24 AM
Al Denelsbeck

TP wrote in
:

Al Denelsbeck wrote:

All the crybabies have
abandoned the Shoot-In and demonstrated their petulance by turning into
trolls.

The ones who have abandoned the Shoot-In certainly include a few who
were capable of making good shots that actually satisfied the brief.
No-one could say that of those who remain.

It defies logic to take a mere snapshot in your local area and then
claim that it represents "Local Culture". But that's the nature of
the SI; the blind leading the blind, and no sign of any improvement,
in fact quite the opposite.

Ah, Tony, me old cock sparrow! We gotta look into getting you laid.

But as always, your comments are nothing if not perspicacious!

And they're not perspicacious...

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net
Old June 27th 04, 04:54 PM
Alan Browne

TP wrote:

Al Denelsbeck wrote:

All the crybabies have
abandoned the Shoot-In and demonstrated their petulance by turning into
trolls.

The ones who have abandoned the Shoot-In certainly include a few who
were capable of making good shots that actually satisfied the brief.
No-one could say that of those who remain.

Could never say it of you.

--
--e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.--

Old June 27th 04, 10:37 PM
TP

Alan Browne wrote:

Could never say it of you.

Coming from someone who takes a mediocre snapshot of a house, submits
it under the brief "Local Culture" and then has to explain the
photograph at great length, several times over, your comment is
nothing less than hilarious!

Your problem is that you never remotely understood the brief, and
after all that turgid explanation, it is clear that you still don't.

Apparently it is not enough for you just to take mediocre snapshots
for the SI, they also have to be irrelevant to the brief. I really
can't wait for the next SI, to see by how much you have misunderstood
*that* brief!

Congratulations to "Sabineellen" for having the courage to expose your
nonsense, and that of the other contributors.

As I said earlier, there were a few competent SI participants who
could produce good shots that were relevant to the brief. They have
now stopped contributing, and it is easy to see why.

Old June 27th 04, 10:53 PM
Sabineellen

TP why don't you "show" us rather than "tell" us by taking part in the current
SI?
Old June 28th 04, 12:36 AM
Sabineellen

Because I work to a brief every single day, and my
idea of fun does not include taking part in a sham.

Talk is easy.
Old June 28th 04, 02:23 AM
Alan Browne

TP wrote:

[...]

....is this where I yawn?

--
--e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.--

Old June 28th 04, 02:25 AM
Alan Browne

Sabineellen wrote:

TP why don't you "show" us rather than "tell" us by taking part in the current
SI?

It would require that he actually make photographs.

--
--e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.--

Old June 28th 04, 02:26 AM
Alan Browne

Sabineellen wrote:

Because I work to a brief every single day, and my
idea of fun does not include taking part in a sham.

Talk is easy.

Walk is hard.