handling film (gloves)

Old February 26th 04, 10:01 PM
H. S.

Default handling film (gloves)

Hi,

The other day I was chatting with the agent at a local one-hour photo
lab (they use Noritsu 3011s IIRC). During the course of the chat, she
mentioned that Kodak sends them gloves and instructs them to wear those
gloves while handling film. She showed me the gloves, they are white and
reportedly made of cotton (because that is what the inventory register
specifies). But she said that the gloves leave little strains of
threads, or lindt(?), on the film so she doesn't use them at all.

I mentioned that weren't they supposed to use latex gloves? She rolled
her eyes and said that the company never sent them any such gloves,
moreover latex gloves are skin tight. Result: she handles the flim
barehanded, though very carefully so as not to put any fingerprints on it.

I was wondering, what is that white material that the companies sends as
cotton? Any comments? It doesnt' feel like cotton btw, it feels like a
synthetic. Moreover, even if it were cotton, is it advisable?

-HS

--
(Remove all underscores,if any, from my email address to get the correct
one. Apologies for the inconvenience but this is to reduce spam.)

Old March 9th 04, 06:38 AM
DM

"H. S." wrote in message ...
But she said that the gloves leave little strains of
threads, or lindt(?)

Mmmmmmm..... I wouldn't mind if the gloves gave me Lindt. Yum Yum.
http://www.lindt.com/