Web site for cell phone camera images

Old August 7th 08, 03:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Daniel Prince

Default Web site for cell phone camera images

I need to get a new cell phone. I am thinking of getting a LG
vx8100 which has a 1.3 mega pixel camera. I would like to see some
pictures taken with it so that I can see how good they look.

Does anyone know where I can find some? Thank you in advance for
all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
Old August 7th 08, 10:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Atheist Chaplain[_3_]

"Daniel Prince" wrote in message
news
I need to get a new cell phone. I am thinking of getting a LG
vx8100 which has a 1.3 mega pixel camera. I would like to see some
pictures taken with it so that I can see how good they look.

Does anyone know where I can find some? Thank you in advance for
all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"

I can tell you now without having to look at a picture from a 1.3 mega pixel
phone camera, that the pics will be crap, my phone has a 3 megapixel camera
and the photos are just OK (Nokia N80)
some current model phones have 5 megapixel cameras that take decent photos
from all accounts, maybe you should look at something a bit more up market
if you really want a recognizable photo from a phone
LG have the KU990 Viewty with a 5 megapixel camera and 30fps video
capability as well and it has been getting good reviews for its camera.
--
God made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?

Old August 7th 08, 12:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
bugbear

Atheist Chaplain wrote:
I can tell you now without having to look at a picture from a 1.3 mega
pixel phone camera, that the pics will be crap, my phone has a 3
megapixel camera and the photos are just OK (Nokia N80)
some current model phones have 5 megapixel cameras that take decent
photos from all accounts, maybe you should look at something a bit more
up market if you really want a recognizable photo from a phone
LG have the KU990 Viewty with a 5 megapixel camera and 30fps video
capability as well and it has been getting good reviews for its camera.

Interestingly, despite the whinging when the iPhone
launched with "only" 2 Mp, users seem content
with picture quality in actual use.

Can we all say "it's not just pixel count" ?

BugBear
Old August 7th 08, 01:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
gpaleo

"bugbear" wrote
et...

Atheist Chaplain wrote:
I can tell you now without having to look at a picture from a 1.3 mega
pixel phone camera, that the pics will be crap,

................................................. ......... Interestingly,
despite the whinging when the iPhone
launched with "only" 2 Mp, users seem content
with picture quality in actual use.

Can we all say "it's not just pixel count" ?

BugBear

Yup, it's called justifying my (perhaps idiotic) purchase.

Old August 8th 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Atheist Chaplain[_3_]

"bugbear" wrote in message
et...
Atheist Chaplain wrote:
I can tell you now without having to look at a picture from a 1.3 mega
pixel phone camera, that the pics will be crap, my phone has a 3
megapixel camera and the photos are just OK (Nokia N80)
some current model phones have 5 megapixel cameras that take decent
photos from all accounts, maybe you should look at something a bit more
up market if you really want a recognizable photo from a phone
LG have the KU990 Viewty with a 5 megapixel camera and 30fps video
capability as well and it has been getting good reviews for its camera.

Interestingly, despite the whinging when the iPhone
launched with "only" 2 Mp, users seem content
with picture quality in actual use.

Can we all say "it's not just pixel count" ?

BugBear

well having owned various camera phones over the years, and all with varying
pixel counts, the camera phone category seems to be one where size, does in
fact matter :-)
usually a 1.3 megapixel phone cam will also come with a crappy plastic
lenses that looks like it was ground between two river stones picked up at
random.
and some of the newer high end camera phones are starting to use glass
elements made by name brands in the camera, its then used as a marketing
tool.
and while my N80 only has a 3 mp camera, the difference between the photos
from it and a mates iPhone is noticeable.

Don Hirschberg

Old August 8th 08, 02:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
N[_5_]

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=lg%20vx8100&w=all

Old August 11th 08, 10:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
bugbear

Atheist Chaplain wrote:
well having owned various camera phones over the years, and all with varying
pixel counts, the camera phone category seems to be one where size, does in
fact matter :-)
usually a 1.3 megapixel phone cam will also come with a crappy plastic
lenses that looks like it was ground between two river stones picked up at
random.
and some of the newer high end camera phones are starting to use glass
elements made by name brands in the camera, its then used as a marketing
tool.

Yes - but it's not just the pixel count, as you're making clear,
and pixel count doesn't *always* correlate with other
desirable features - although the makers do rather
invite you to assume it does.

BugBear