Looks Like a Cool Trip

Old January 9th 09, 09:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
gpaleo

Default Looks Like a Cool Trip

"David J Taylor"
wrote news

RichA wrote:
[]
$14,000 for a single to go photograph penguins and icebergs? Pass.

Certain things have a value expressed in other than monetary terms, RichA!

David

True, assuming you have the money to do or have them.
"Beautiful things, like beautiful scenes, are the privilege of the rich" (or
someting like that) said Oscar Wilde (I think).

Old January 9th 09, 04:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA[_4_]

"David J Taylor"
wrote in
news
RichA wrote:
[]
$14,000 for a single to go photograph penguins and icebergs? Pass.

Certain things have a value expressed in other than monetary terms,
RichA!

David

Like what? So some well-heeled yuppies can do the latest trendy thing and
pretend to be "concerned for the environment?" What was it before this?
Oh yeah, "whale watching."
Old January 9th 09, 08:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J Taylor[_9_]

RichA wrote:
"David J Taylor"
wrote in
news
RichA wrote:
[]
$14,000 for a single to go photograph penguins and icebergs? Pass.

Certain things have a value expressed in other than monetary terms,
RichA!

David

Like what? So some well-heeled yuppies can do the latest trendy
thing and pretend to be "concerned for the environment?" What was it
before this? Oh yeah, "whale watching."

One could start with events - your Wedding day, your first child. What
value would you place on those? Or the location where you live.

David

Old January 9th 09, 08:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Kulvinder Singh Matharu

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 09:42:55 -0600, RichA wrote:

"David J Taylor"
wrote in
news
RichA wrote:
[]
$14,000 for a single to go photograph penguins and icebergs? Pass.

Certain things have a value expressed in other than monetary terms,
RichA!

David

Like what? So some well-heeled yuppies can do the latest trendy thing and
pretend to be "concerned for the environment?" What was it before this?
Oh yeah, "whale watching."

I went because I wanted a holiday. And loads of people do different
things on holidays. In may case, I wanted to see Antarctica and take
photos. It was a fun trip. Lots of friends made who I still keep in
contact with and meet up with...even though we're living on different
continents.

You know, the only thing I've ever done that is related to the
"environment" was a charity adventure trip in the Sabah district of
Borneo for the Orangutan Rehabilitation Center. And out there it was
pretty difficult trying to get the right balance between protecting
the rainforest and cultivating palm oil.

Sure, some people may pretend to be concerned for the environment.
And others really are concerned for the environment.

But there is a certain feeling of soul-filling in some of these
places seeing the beauty of this planet. And I've also seen the less
glamorous sides of this planet...not much but enough to make me
realise how lucky I am.

Of course, not everyone can afford the cost or the time to go. Fair
enough. Life is full of possibilities and it's only right that we do
what we think is the right thing.

Have a good one.

Kulvinder Singh Matharu

Website : www.metalvortex.com