Viewing angle of screen

Old February 11th 07, 05:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sammy

Default Viewing angle of screen

Is there an inducstry standard for the angle at which I would view my
camera's LCD monitor screen in order to get the best image.

(Then I would adjust that image appearance for contrast, brightness,
etc.)
Old February 11th 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Ruether

"Sammy" wrote in message ...

Is there an inducstry standard for the angle at which I would view my
camera's LCD monitor screen in order to get the best image.

(Then I would adjust that image appearance for contrast, brightness,
etc.)

I would think straight-on...
--
David Ruether

http://www.ferrario.com/ruether

Old February 12th 07, 12:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Allen

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 16:41:47 GMT
Sammy wrote:

Is there an inducstry standard for the angle at which I would view my
camera's LCD monitor screen in order to get the best image.

All LCD's look best when viewed straight-on, but some tolerate more
or less deviation from that. There is no industry standard for this.

(Then I would adjust that image appearance for contrast, brightness,
etc.)

The camera's LCD is probably the worst place to do this sort of
adjustment.

Paul Allen
Old February 12th 07, 09:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Paul Allen wrote:
On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 16:41:47 GMT
Sammy wrote:

Is there an inducstry standard for the angle at which I would view my
camera's LCD monitor screen in order to get the best image.

All LCD's look best when viewed straight-on, but some tolerate more
or less deviation from that. There is no industry standard for this.

(Then I would adjust that image appearance for contrast, brightness,
etc.)

The camera's LCD is probably the worst place to do this sort of
adjustment.

Paul Allen

Some LCDs still have rather narrow viewing angles on some planes. For
what it is worth, my cell phone display has a really lousy viewing angle
range.
Old February 13th 07, 07:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike Russell

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message
Some LCDs still have rather narrow viewing angles on some planes. For
what it is worth, my cell phone display has a really lousy viewing angle
range.

The big question: how long does it take to start Photoshop on your cell
phone?
--
Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/

Old February 13th 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Roy G

"Mike Russell" -MOVE wrote in message
t...
"Ron Hunter" wrote in message
Some LCDs still have rather narrow viewing angles on some planes. For
what it is worth, my cell phone display has a really lousy viewing angle
range.

The big question: how long does it take to start Photoshop on your cell
phone?
--
Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/

Yea, and the one on my digital Alarm Clock is really crappy, and it doesn't
even have a USB socket.

Roy G