Kodak "PixPro AZ901" - 90x Optical Zoom!

Old June 29th 18, 10:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

Default Kodak "PixPro AZ901" - 90x Optical Zoom!

The new Kodak "PixPro AZ901" features a 90X optical zoom lens, besting
the Nikon "Coolpix P900" and its 83x zoom (and the P900 was introduced
way back in 2015).

Can 100x be far behind?

John

---
https://www.avg.com

Old July 1st 18, 11:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , John Turco says...
The new Kodak "PixPro AZ901" features a 90X optical zoom lens, besting
the Nikon "Coolpix P900" and its 83x zoom (and the P900 was introduced
way back in 2015).

Can 100x be far behind?

Kodak still makes cameras? I thought this company didn't exist anymore.
--
Alfred Molon

Old July 1st 18, 11:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , Alfred Molon
says...

In article , John Turco says...
The new Kodak "PixPro AZ901" features a 90X optical zoom lens, besting
the Nikon "Coolpix P900" and its 83x zoom (and the P900 was introduced
way back in 2015).

Can 100x be far behind?

Kodak still makes cameras? I thought this company didn't exist anymore.

And wasn't this announced in January 2016?
https://www.ephotozine.com/article/k...introduced-at-
ces--28676
--
Alfred Molon

Old July 1st 18, 11:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jul 1, 2018, Alfred Molon wrote
(in . com):

In , John Turco says...
The new Kodak "PixPro AZ901" features a 90X optical zoom lens, besting
the Nikon "Coolpix P900" and its 83x zoom (and the P900 was introduced
way back in 2015).

Can 100x be far behind?

Kodak still makes cameras? I thought this company didn't exist anymore.

Just wait until the Kodak “BuggyWhip Pro1895” hits the market.

Savageduck

Old July 1st 18, 11:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jul 1, 2018, Alfred Molon wrote
(in om):

In . com, Alfred Molon
says...

In article , John Turco says...
The new Kodak "PixPro AZ901" features a 90X optical zoom lens, besting
the Nikon "Coolpix P900" and its 83x zoom (and the P900 was introduced
way back in 2015).

Can 100x be far behind?

Kodak still makes cameras? I thought this company didn't exist anymore.

And wasn't this announced in January 2016?
https://www.ephotozine.com/article/k...introduced-at-
ces--28676

Well that is Rich, always on the bleeding edge of photo news.

Savageduck

Old July 2nd 18, 10:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

The new Kodak "PixPro AZ901" features a 90X optical zoom lens, besting
the Nikon "Coolpix P900" and its 83x zoom (and the P900 was introduced
way back in 2015).

Can 100x be far behind?

Kodak still makes cameras? I thought this company didn't exist anymore.

Just wait until the Kodak BuggyWhip Pro1895 hits the market.

it's about to, but with a different name.

back in 2016, kodak announced a 'digital super-8 movie camera', which
shoots actual super-8 film, yet has a digital lcd viewfinder and an sd
card slot for audio (not video) for only $2500-3000.

*each* super-8 cartridge is expected to sell for $50-75 (assuming the
original price is correct, which is not a good assumption), however, it
does include processing, scanning and a download link, along with the
return of the 8mm movie roll. what a deal.

meanwhile, smartphones can shoot 4k and slip into a pocket, with no
limit (other than memory) for the length of the video and the results
can be uploaded to youtube or whatever almost immediately for no
additional cost (except perhaps cellular data if wifi is not used).

original announcement from 2016:
https://www.dpreview.com/news/873684...per-8-with-par
t-digital-cine-camera
Kodak hasnt announced officially how much the new camera will be,
but the companys chief executive, Jeff Clarke, is quoted in the Wall
Street Journal Digits blog as saying that it will arrive in fall 2016
and will cost between $400 and $750. The film should cost between $50
to $75 per cartridge, including processing. He also says a lower-cost
model will emerge in 2017.*

recent announcement:
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...2/kodak-super-
8-camera-revival-price-2500-2018-release-date-update-film-footage
Kodak first announced its revival of the classic Super 8 camera two
years ago at CES 2016. The company didnt have too many details on
the Yves Bhar-designed project at this years show, but it did have
an updated price to sha around $2,500 to $3,000.
Old July 2nd 18, 11:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

On 7/1/2018 5:12 PM, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , Alfred Molon
says...

In article , John Turco says...
The new Kodak "PixPro AZ901" features a 90X optical zoom lens, besting
the Nikon "Coolpix P900" and its 83x zoom (and the P900 was introduced
way back in 2015).

Can 100x be far behind?

Kodak still makes cameras? I thought this company didn't exist anymore.

Kodak still exists, but, it doesn't actually make digital cameras,
anymore. It simply licenses the use of its name.

And wasn't this announced in January 2016?
https://www.ephotozine.com/article/k...introduced-at-
ces--28676

Looks like it; I hadn't come across that article.

Thanks, for the information!

John

---
https://www.avg.com

Old July 2nd 18, 11:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , John Turco
wrote:

Kodak still makes cameras? I thought this company didn't exist anymore.

Kodak still exists, but, it doesn't actually make digital cameras,
anymore. It simply licenses the use of its name.

if only that were true. then they could blame someone else for this
piece of junk:

http://kodak.com/go/super8
Old July 2nd 18, 11:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jul 2, 2018, John Turco wrote
(in article ):

On 7/1/2018 5:12 PM, Alfred Molon wrote:
In . com, Alfred Molon
says...

In article , John Turco says...
The new Kodak "PixPro AZ901" features a 90X optical zoom lens, besting
the Nikon "Coolpix P900" and its 83x zoom (and the P900 was introduced
way back in 2015).

Can 100x be far behind?

Kodak still makes cameras? I thought this company didn't exist anymore.

Kodak still exists, but, it doesn't actually make digital cameras,
anymore. It simply licenses the use of its name.

They should be aware that Trump might sue them for using his system.

Savageduck

Old July 3rd 18, 04:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

The new Kodak "PixPro AZ901" features a 90X optical zoom lens, besting
the Nikon "Coolpix P900" and its 83x zoom (and the P900 was introduced
way back in 2015).

Can 100x be far behind?

Kodak still makes cameras? I thought this company didn't exist anymore.

Just wait until the Kodak ?BuggyWhip Pro1895 hits the market.

it's about to, but with a different name.

back in 2016, kodak announced a 'digital super-8 movie camera', which
shoots actual super-8 film, yet has a digital lcd viewfinder and an sd
card slot for audio (not video) for only $2500-3000.

I can see the attraction of using an old style format, but can;t see the
attraction of buying a new device to do it, I'd rather buy an old super-8 , I
doubt I could restore one so, I'd buy a working and use it. Then have to deal
with the old style hassle that's the point isn't it.

there is absolutely no purpose for this product, other than to make
kodak the laughing stock of the industry, for which they have
succeeded.

the fact that they are actually planning on bringing it to market in
2018, after having raised its price five-fold from the initial
announcement, is proof that the company is being run by complete
morons.