Samy 12/2.0 in the Building

Old May 6th 16, 01:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Samy 12/2.0 in the Building

I ordered the Samy 12/2.0 some time ago and it has finally arrived. I've
been critical to the QC earlier and am pleased to see that this one was
clearly better assembled than the 14/2.8, that I had to fix both the
scale, infinity and some decentering...

This time its only a tad over focusing at infinity, but that's way
better than the other way around and the scale seems about right. In my
first assessment I can't se any heavy decentering.

I've paid for all my lenses with my own money...

A SOOC (Straight out of Camera) JPG at f/2.0 can be found here over the
weekend:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b1zq2rov0tu66tk/i160506%237817.jpg?dl=0

I might write an evaluation of the M system later and perhaps post it on
my blog in the fall.

Edit: Pasted the wrong URL. Corrected now. Sorry. ;-P
--
teleportation kills
Old May 8th 16, 05:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
RichA wrote:

On Friday, 6 May 2016 08:34:19 UTC-4, android wrote:
[...]

A little colour, as could be expected, but very nice on the edge from what I
can see.

Well, it's a SOOC. I expect it to clear up significantly then I process
RAWs.
--
teleportation kills
Old May 8th 16, 06:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
android wrote:

In article ,
RichA wrote:

[...]

RAW processed for the web with some lens adjustments and stuff.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uf7erann2nn664y/i160506%237817r.jpg?dl=0
--
teleportation kills
Old May 8th 16, 06:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/8/2016 1:35 AM, android wrote:
In article ,
android wrote:

In article ,
RichA wrote:

[...]

Looks to me like there is a reverse keystoning. It looks more pronounced
on the right.

--
PeterN
Old May 8th 16, 07:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-05-08 17:53:58 +0000, PeterN said:

On 5/8/2016 1:35 AM, android wrote:
In article ,
android wrote:

In article ,
RichA wrote:

[...]

In that shot, who cares about 'keystoning'?

Savageduck

Old May 8th 16, 07:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2016-05-08 17:53:58 +0000, PeterN said:

On 5/8/2016 1:35 AM, android wrote:
In article ,
android wrote:

In article ,
RichA wrote:

[...]

I was commenting on the technical aspects.

--
PeterN
Old May 8th 16, 07:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-05-08 17:53:58 +0000, PeterN said:
On 5/8/2016 1:35 AM, android wrote:
In article ,
android wrote:
In article ,
RichA wrote:
[...]

Why? Once you get an image into your post processing mixmaster, all
technical aspects are thrown out the window in the name of abstract
expressionism.

Savageduck

Old May 9th 16, 03:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2016-05-08 17:53:58 +0000, PeterN said:
On 5/8/2016 1:35 AM, android wrote:
In article ,
android wrote:
In article ,
RichA wrote:
[...]

Is there distortion, or is there no distortion.

--
PeterN
Old May 9th 16, 03:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-05-08 17:53:58 +0000, PeterN said:
On 5/8/2016 1:35 AM, android wrote:
In article ,
android wrote:
In article ,
RichA wrote:
[...]

As I said above; "In that shot, who cares about 'keystoning'?"

....and just to be fair, there is distortion in that image, but it is an
inexpensive, ultrawide 12mm for an APS-C camera. What did you expect?

Savageduck

Old May 9th 16, 08:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2016-05-08 17:53:58 +0000, PeterN said:
On 5/8/2016 1:35 AM, android wrote:
In article ,
android wrote:
In article ,
RichA wrote:
[...]

Sure, there's amount barell distortion in the lens. I'm in the
process of finetuning the profile. No keystoning was used in the
processed file.
--
Bats can't tell us apart!

----Android NewsGroup Reader----