Best Online camera shop?

Old September 8th 04, 02:14 AM
Alan Browne

Clyde Torres wrote:

I like B&H, but I don't like this practice, and I don't like him defending
it. It is just bad business.

There are only two photo stores that I would trust with my mail
order business and B&H is first on the list. I've been to their
store, it is a first class operation. I've ordered from them and
always received fast, accurate service.

I don't like the practice in discussion either, so if I called
them and they said it wasn't in stock I wouldn't order it right
then. OTOH, if someone does order it they should be reassured
that B&H will do the right thing.

B&H once lowered the price on a meter the day after I ordered it.
I phoned and they credited my CC account the very next day.
They legally did not have to do that, but they did. I doubt very
much that you would get that at many other stores in the photo
mail order business.

B&H and Adorama for new; KEH for used. Many will agree with this
line, and that's good business.

Alan.

Old September 8th 04, 12:22 PM
Joseph Meehan

Alan Browne wrote:
Clyde Torres wrote:

I like B&H, but I don't like this practice, and I don't like him
defending
it. It is just bad business.

..

I don't like the practice in discussion either, so if I called
them and they said it wasn't in stock I wouldn't order it right
then. OTOH, if someone does order it they should be reassured
that B&H will do the right thing.

Alan.

I have to agree that I also don't like the practice and I think they
would do well to limit it to just those items that they may not regularly
stocks, would not easily re-sell and, of course, make sure the customer
fully understands.

I understand that they offer an e-mail service to alert the customer of
when an out of stock item comes in.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Old September 8th 04, 03:20 PM
Alan Browne

Joseph Meehan wrote:

I have to agree that I also don't like the practice and I think they
would do well to limit it to just those items that they may not regularly
stocks, would not easily re-sell and, of course, make sure the customer
fully understands.

I understand that they offer an e-mail service to alert the customer of
when an out of stock item comes in.

Whatever. This whole discussion is blown way out of proportion
wrt the perception of damage done v. the exemplary service of the
company in question.

Cheers,
Alan

Old September 8th 04, 08:44 PM
William Graham

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Alan Browne wrote:
Clyde Torres wrote:

I like B&H, but I don't like this practice, and I don't like him
defending
it. It is just bad business.

I doubt if it's B&H's fault. That's the way Nikon distributes the
camera....In a kit with the lens. If B&H was to sell it sans lens, then they
would be left holding the bag with a bunch of extra lenses on their hands,
that they might have a hard time getting rid of.........