The transformation of photojournalism

Old August 16th 09, 12:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

Default The transformation of photojournalism

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 08:00:54 -0500, Catch Up wrote:
: On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:10:19 +0100, Bruce wrote:
:
: On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 19:45:19 -0500, Catch Up
: wrote:
: I'm never embarrassed by my typos. That's for people who are insecure. At
: 130wpm a few are bound to creep in
:
:
: It wasn't a typo.
:
: Through ignorance, you used the wrong word.
:
: No, moron. I also play bass-guitar and 12-string guitar (as well as five
: other instruments fluently). I'm perfectly capable of knowing that "bass"
: refers to the musical instrument homophone of "base". Something that you
: don't realize, because you do not type at 130wpm, is that the muscle-memory
: in my arms and hands will try to preselect what word my mind is trying to
: send to them so they can get on with the rest of the sentence that's
: needing to be typed. I will usually always spell a word correctly, but at
: those typing speeds the typo usually comes out as a wrong word spelled
: correctly, sometimes even in the wrong position in a sentence. Just as a
: simpler typist might transpose two letters in a word, instead I might
: transpose two whole words. Examples: I might want to type, "The rain in
: Spain falls mainly on the plain." But it might come out as, "The reign in
: Spain falls mainly on the plane." Or it might even come out even worse as,
: "The rain in fall Pains manually on the plain," for an example that would
: display all three categories of 130wpm typos. I suspect the rare times that
: that third example of disastrous sentence has happened is when I am typing
: well beyond 130wpm. My hands know the right spellings of words but they are
: typing too fast to wait to see if there's a correction-check coming or not.
: I will through (I just typed "through" but meant to type "throw") my text
: through a spell-checker just once. If lucky, it mind (there I meant to type
: "might" instead of "mind") find one wrongly spelled word, but it fails to
: find all the words that my hands decided to use for me but still spelled
: correctly. It can be most infuriating at times, as well as when trying to
: explain this to a remedial hunt & peck typist who is only concerned with
: spelling the right word. 130+wpm is challenging the very limits of human
: nervous system response times. It is fraught with its own new discrepancies
: when you type that fast. When you can type almost as fast as you think come
: back and tell me how you got around this nervous-system speed-barrier.
:
: But then again, your kind can probably only think of words even slower than
: you type them.
:
: Now go find something else to troll about to fulfill your desperate need
: for attention.

This is getting sillier as time passes. You're not just a jackass; you're also
a buffoon. Are you studying to take over for D-Mac when he retires from
Usenet?

Bob
Old August 16th 09, 01:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Matt Clara[_2_]

wrote:
I'm never embarrassed by my typos. That's for people who are insecure. At
130wpm a few are bound to creep in

It wasn't a typo.

Through ignorance, you used the wrong word.

No, moron. I also play bass-guitar and 12-string guitar (as well as five
other instruments fluently).

Like anything you say is credible. I'll bet you have neither guitar nor a
camera.

--
www.mattclara.com