August 10, 2009

Old August 12th 09, 07:15 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeff R.

Default August 10, 2009

tony cooper wrote:

So you don't bully, but you admit to badgering. There's a difference?

Yes of course.
I don't threaten Doug with dire consequences if he doesn't do what I tell
him to do. That would be bullying. That's what Doug does.

I remind him (incessantly) of his lies. That's badgering.

I neither know nor care if you've told lies. And, I did not accuse you
of telling any lies.

Yes you did. You called me dishonest.
Back to the dictionary, Tony.

... You are attempting to legitimize your badgering,
though.

No.
No "attempt" required.
My badgering is legitimate whether you like it or not.

--
Jeff ("Badger") R.

Old August 12th 09, 07:24 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeff R.

tony cooper wrote:

I don't give a **** about how many lies Doug tells, what his business
interests are, or what equipment he does or does not own. It doesn't
affect me - or anyone here - in the slightest.

It does actually... when the ng is polluted with falsehoods dressed up as
authority.
It's a pity you can't see that.

Just because it doesn't affect me physically or financially doesn't mean
there is no effect.

.It's not like he's
Bernie Madoff asking you invest in his schemes. The only reason
anyone should be concerned about what Doug writes is if something Doug
is doing directly affects them...and that's not happening.

Rubbish.
A lie is a lie. It doesn't need to be personal.
The lie I'm objecting to was one about a technique. If the purpose of this
ng is to spread information - *good* information - then it's useful to
debunk such a lie.

You think Jeff is on some crusade to expose Doug? yes! JR Are you
that
****ing stupid? Doug's been posting in these newsgroups for quite
some time. People have already made up their minds about Doug. Jeff
isn't some sort of investigative newsgroup journalist that is going to
turn up any new revelations that are going to expose Doug. Jeff's
posting to amuse himself until it gets dark and he can lock himself in
the bathroom wank off in a different way.

Well that certainly assists your argument... adds to your credibility.
Can't you maintain an argument for a few days without resorting to that sort
of crap?

--
Jeff R.
(disappointed in the poor quality of the opposition)

Old August 12th 09, 07:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeff R.

Alan Browne wrote:
Jeff R. wrote:

Hey! I admit this is a less-than-noble fight.
That doesn't mean I should have to give it up and concede the high
ground to a low-life.

The problem with rolling around with pigs in the mud is that
eventually one begins to identify with and behave more and more like
the pigs.
These s-slinging sessions are harmful to the group and it is the good
of the group that should be on everyone's minds. Ignore the trolls
and they have a habit of disappearing and people can discuss more
relevant and useful things. And learn more about photography and
equipment. Certainly nobody is learning anything _useful_ in the
endless battle with D-Mac.

Alan, I do respect your opinion (and thanks for help you've given in the
past) but...

I doubt very much if the issue of nodal vs linear panoramas would have been
discussed and explored at anything like the depth it was, if it wasn't for
the vitriol and the anger being sprayed around.

The desire/need to prove the other guy wrong is (was) a powerful motivation
to research and learn.

In truth, I had never considered the possibility of producing a linear pano
until I got into the argument with Doug about the technique. I still
haven't - but I will one day.

Mind you, I still stand by my original comments in disputing Doug's silly
assertions.

This-here rolling pig has learnt a bit, and enjoyed the process.
Other folk have posted linear panos (and attempted linear panos) and much
good discussion ensued.

Doug even posted an admission of his inability to produce a linear pano:
http://www.d-mac.info/examples/4theidiots.htm
(the infamous disappearing path)

I posted a much better example of the same subject:
http://www.mendosus.com/jpg/tangalooma-walking-pano.jpg
(yeah - yeah - OK - it's a joke, Joyce)

It'd be a shame if readers of this ng only saw the nastiness, and didn't
experience the fun.

It'd be like taking Rita seriously.

--
Jeff R.
(oink oink!)

Old August 12th 09, 07:54 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeff R.

tony cooper wrote:
It keeps me off the streets.

Why? There are more photographic opportunities on the street than
there are huddled over a keyboard fighting a battle that can't be
won.

A metaphor, Tony.
I'm on the streets every day, with a camera in a pouch on my belt...
in my hand if a scene captures my fancy.
If you don't like reading my tussles with Doug then - here's an idea
- don't read them. No-one's forcing you.

That's such a lame ****ing answer...kill-file me if you don't like
what I write. I don't kill-file people because I'm optimistic enough
to think that eventually they might say something interesting or
informative.

OK then, don't kill-file me.
But don't whinge and whine and carry on if you don't like my "lame ****ing"
answers.
Try to suggest better answers.

Just saying my reply was a "lame ****ing answer" is right up there with:
"Oh yeah! Well if I'm one, what are you?"
"and what are you?"

blah blah

Add something constructive to the debate Tony. (Notice: "debate" not
"masturbate")

What's your experience of producing multi-image panoramas?
Do you rotate or do you walk?
And how do you produce panoramas?

Hey! I admit this is a less-than-noble fight.
That doesn't mean I should have to give it up and concede the high
ground to a low-life.

There is no high ground.

Its sad when someone projects their own inadequacies on others.
I feel for you, Tony.
....but not that much.

--
Jeff R.
(broadcasting from way-on-high)

Old August 12th 09, 11:27 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 20:57:47 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980
wrote:

On Aug 11, 7:09*pm, tony cooper wrote:

I don't give a **** about how many lies Doug tells, what his business
interests are, or what equipment he does or does not own. *It doesn't
affect me - or anyone here - in the slightest.

Then why should you care what Jeff is doing?

At least Jeff's mini-crusade (the one-page website) serves a noble
purpose.

Noble purpose, my ass.

You come off sounding kinda hypocritical when you bash Jeff and let
Douggie's nonsense go on and on without comment.

Others are tending - ad nauseum - to Doug. I don't have anything I
want to contribute there. What do you want from me? Something as
adult and helpful as the rest are posting?

OK, just for you: "Poo on Doug".

I see no harm in Jeff pointing out some of Douggie's lies. In fact, I
see it as a valuable service since if these lies are allowed to
continue unchallenged that actually hurts the group.

How does it hurt the group?
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old August 12th 09, 11:40 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 16:15:43 +1000, "Jeff R."
wrote:

tony cooper wrote:

So you don't bully, but you admit to badgering. There's a difference?

Yes of course.
I don't threaten Doug with dire consequences if he doesn't do what I tell
him to do. That would be bullying. That's what Doug does.

I remind him (incessantly) of his lies. That's badgering.

I neither know nor care if you've told lies. And, I did not accuse you
of telling any lies.

Yes you did. You called me dishonest.
Back to the dictionary, Tony.

It's not a good idea to challenge in an area you're not good in. If I
steal your bedtime cookie, that's dishonest. There's no lie involved
in the theft. I said you were representing your intent dishonestly.
Perhaps that's too complex a statement for you to grasp, but no lie is
necessary to do so.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old August 12th 09, 11:50 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 16:54:34 +1000, "Jeff R."
wrote:

Add something constructive to the debate Tony. (Notice: "debate" not
"masturbate")

OK. Stop prodding the other pig. That's a constructive suggestion
that, if followed, would result in the "debate" ending. Doug's an
idiot, but not so dumb that he would continue to "debate" if no one
paid any attention to him here.

What's your experience of producing multi-image panoramas?
Do you rotate or do you walk?
And how do you produce panoramas?

Never tried one. Never have been interested in that technique.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old August 12th 09, 12:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeff R.

wrote:

Yes you did. You called me dishonest.
Back to the dictionary, Tony.

It's not a good idea to challenge in an area you're not good in. If I
steal your bedtime cookie, that's dishonest. There's no lie involved
in the theft. I said you were representing your intent dishonestly.
Perhaps that's too complex a statement for you to grasp, but no lie is
necessary to do so.

If you really want to navigate the avenues of definitions of dishonesty, I'm
up to it - just not interested. Just this one point - I think most normal
people would agree that being dishonest on a text-based ng would probably
involve telling a lie. Now it's your turn to invent a contrary scenario -
but I'm (still) not interested.

Pose a photographic question or get ignored.
Or even explain cogently how I was dishonest.
Or... oh, you get the idea.

--
Jeff R.
(zzzzzzzzzzz)

Old August 12th 09, 12:55 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeff R.

wrote:

Add something constructive to the debate Tony. (Notice: "debate" not
"masturbate")

OK. Stop prodding the other pig.

The pig you introduced...

What's your experience of producing multi-image panoramas?
Do you rotate or do you walk?
And how do you produce panoramas?

Never tried one. Never have been interested in that technique.

Funny that you should spend so much time in a thread which, ultimately,
involves discussion on just that.

--
Jeff R.

Old August 12th 09, 01:42 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Atheist Chaplain[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

so where are your posts to Douggie about his defamatory web sites, you know
the ones where he accused me and others of saying and doing things that
never happened, or maybe Douggies threats to re-post that web of lies and
deceit that he created to defame Brett ??
Come on, just point to one thread where you have taken Douggie to task to
the same degree that your now taking Jeff R too ??

--
[This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of
Scientology International]