Odds are, Brit cops will catch a terrorist

Old December 9th 09, 07:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Mahatma Vindaloo

Default Odds are, Brit cops will catch a terrorist

"RichA" wrote in message
How could they not? You f--- with the rights of enough innocent
people, you are bound to catch at least one terrorist in the process.
Unless you defy the law of averages.
P.S. I think the creation of "special constables" is a nice idea.
Integrating the retarded into society and all. Maybe they could
rename them, "special needs constables?"

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/

You are getting confused between Special Constables (SCs) and Police
Community Support Officers (PCSOs).
SCs are sworn officers, whereas PCSOs are not.
SCs's have the same powers as professional sworn officers, but carry out
onerous tasks for no pay. They are good citizens trying to help out
undermanned police services.
Please get your facts straight before you malign good people (not to say
that PCSOs are bad people).
I am an ex-SC and also an ex-sworn officer (Constable) and finally an
ex-Warrant Officer (Air Force). So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Old December 9th 09, 09:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Martin Brown

Mahatma Vindaloo wrote:
"RichA" wrote in message
How could they not? You f--- with the rights of enough innocent
people, you are bound to catch at least one terrorist in the process.
Unless you defy the law of averages.
P.S. I think the creation of "special constables" is a nice idea.
Integrating the retarded into society and all. Maybe they could
rename them, "special needs constables?"

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/

You are getting confused between Special Constables (SCs) and Police
Community Support Officers (PCSOs).
SCs are sworn officers, whereas PCSOs are not.
SCs's have the same powers as professional sworn officers, but carry out
onerous tasks for no pay. They are good citizens trying to help out
undermanned police services.
Please get your facts straight before you malign good people (not to say
that PCSOs are bad people).

Worth noting here that RichA is a demented whinging righttard troll with
absolutely no clue about policing in the UK or anything else for that
matter.

We have had some risk of being stopped for taking pictures that could be
of use to terrorists since the 1970's IRA bombing campaigns. One set of
my photos were taken on location exactly 24 hours before a major IRA
bomb attack in Manchester. Unfortunately they didn't show anything
useful to the police. I expect to get challenged when taking certain
types of architectural pictures of potentially high profile targets.

Whenever I have been stopped the police have always been civil and it
was a professional encounter. Same goes for airport security. I am not
convinced that an encounter with the clueless wannabees that are now
PCSOs would go so well but so far the situation has not arisen for me.

There was incidentally a recent report of a negative interaction between
a former police officer who wanted to photograph the blue light above
the door of the old style police station where he once worked and two
PCSOs who prevented him. Reported in the Independent end of the article.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-1834626.html

ACPO have been forced to rein in their PCSOs overzealous behaviour.
If you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Regards,
Martin Brown