looking for Olympus OM to Nikon F mount adapter

Old September 30th 04, 02:57 PM
Toby

Default looking for Olympus OM to Nikon F mount adapter

Hi,

I just bought a pair of Olympus macro lenses with their Olympus OM mount and
am looking for an adapter with an Olympus female bayonet and a Nikon F male
bayonet to mount them on my Nikons. I know that the Nikon bodies are thicker
but focus correlation is not necessary, nor is any sort of diaphragm
coupling. Does anyone know an online source for these?

Many thanks in advance,

Toby

Old October 1st 04, 12:25 AM
Toby

Thanks for the reply, but actually the lenses have a special 20mm screw
mount, so neither T nor C adapters are going to do the trick. I have the
original Olympus adapater that allows them to be mounted on an Olympus
camera, which has the standard OM bayonet. What I need is an adapter that
allows a standard OM lens to be mounted on a Nikon. I used to see these some
years ago in Shutterbug. Obviously the lenses so mounted do not focus to
infinity, but with these macros that doesn't matter.

Toby
wrote in message
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...arch&Q=&ci=300

and look at the T and C adapters - you should be able to accomplish it
with a
combo of these.

"Toby" wrote:

Hi,

I just bought a pair of Olympus macro lenses with their Olympus OM mount
and
am looking for an adapter with an Olympus female bayonet and a Nikon F
male
bayonet to mount them on my Nikons. I know that the Nikon bodies are
thicker
but focus correlation is not necessary, nor is any sort of diaphragm
coupling. Does anyone know an online source for these?

Many thanks in advance,

Toby

Treyvin chirps -|- Be happy and let ME read your mind......

.------. |||
/ ~ ~ \,------. ______
,' ~ ~ ~ / (@) \ ,'~ ~ ~ \
,' ~ ~ ~ /`. ~ ~ \ / ~ ~ \
,' | ,'\ ~ ~ ~ X \ \ \
,' ,' V-- ( \ \ \
,' ,' (vv \/\ \ \ | |
(__,' ,' / (vv "" \ \ | | |
(__,' / / vv """ \ | / / /
\__,' / | vv / / / / /
\__/ / | | \ / /,',','
\__/\_^ | \ /,'',','\
`-^.__.____/ ' ,' \
// //---' |
===============(((((((=================
| \ \ \
/ | | \
/ / / \ \
`. | \
`--------'

Opinions expressed are my own. Copyright retained, for what that is
worth
If the material is considered illegal where you are, do not read or
retain it.

Old October 1st 04, 05:44 AM
JD

Toby wrote:
Hi,

I just bought a pair of Olympus macro lenses with their Olympus OM mount and
am looking for an adapter with an Olympus female bayonet and a Nikon F male
bayonet to mount them on my Nikons. I know that the Nikon bodies are thicker
but focus correlation is not necessary, nor is any sort of diaphragm
coupling. Does anyone know an online source for these?

Many thanks in advance,

Toby

Have no idea if it will lead you to where you want to go but try:

http://www.alanwood.net/photography/.../adapters.html

He's got a couple of leads on places making adapters for what I believe
is called the RMS mount.

JD