Caltar II-N f4.5 75mm Lens - no light falloff?

Old January 15th 05, 11:27 PM
jjs

"Richard Knoppow" wrote in message

I wrote in my post that this was a Schneider Super-Angulon. Wrong, its a
Rodenstock lens as Leonard states. However the design is very similar.

If you are speaking of the lenses I have (posted earlier), then I'd be very
interested in know how you or Leonard know they are not Schneider-made
lenses.

Old January 16th 05, 01:46 AM
ArtKramr

Subject: Caltar II-N f4.5 75mm Lens - no light falloff?
From: "Richard Knoppow"

In
fact, there are
wide angle lenses with zero rectilinear distortion which
actually have
slightly *more* illumination in the corners than in the
center of the

Did you hear about the optical engineer who overcorrected for vignetting and
ended up with a lens that fell off in the center? (grin)

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old January 18th 05, 10:00 PM
BC

"Did you hear about the optical engineer who overcorrected for
vignetting and
ended up with a lens that fell off in the center? (grin)"

No one has yet complained to me about lenses which do have central
falloff.

Brian
www.caldwellphotographic.com