Burt Young's official website

Old April 25th 07, 12:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
santa v

Default Burt Young's official website

The awaited launch of Burt Young's official website is now available
on the Internet for the public. The website has become a literal
library describing his milestones. His most recent endeavors include a
marvelous display of contemporary artwork and paintings. He can be
browsed at http://burtyoungartandfilm.com/

Old April 25th 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rudy Lacchin

"santa v" wrote in message
oups.com...
The awaited launch of Burt Young's official website is now available
on the Internet for the public. The website has become a literal
library describing his milestones. His most recent endeavors include a
marvelous display of contemporary artwork and paintings. He can be
browsed at http://burtyoungartandfilm.com/

Do you really mean "literal"? If it was a literal library, it would have
actual books in it.

R.

Old April 26th 07, 04:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 15:55:02 GMT, Rudy Lacchin wrote:

The awaited launch of Burt Young's official website is now available
on the Internet for the public. The website has become a literal
library describing his milestones. His most recent endeavors include a
marvelous display of contemporary artwork and paintings. He can be
browsed at http://burtyoungartandfilm.com/

Do you really mean "literal"? If it was a literal library, it would have
actual books in it.

I wouldn't know, his site is too slow. (dialup used here) So I
won't be able to check out any of his artwork or paintings online.
But if I trek over to his restaurant which is almost within walking
distance, I assume that some of them will be on display for the
dining public. If NYC isn't close enough for you to check it out,
this interview might make up for it. It's worth reading, and here
are a few clips. I provide, you decide :

A Frontline Guy

An Interview with Burt Young

“Get Burt!”

By Damien Love

Introduction

For too many people, Burt Young is simply “That Guy from
Rocky,” but to a cult that’s included the likes of Actor’s Studio
founder Lee Strasberg, Sergio Leone and Jack Nicholson, he’s
the actor’s actor par excellence.

.. . .

You've been close friends with James Caan for over 30 years. You first
worked together on Cinderella Liberty (1973). Was that when you met?

Funny thing. We come from similar neighborhoods. He was like a
neighboring neighbor, but I didn’t know him in New York. He was
acting since he was young, and I was just trying to make a living.
Some of my guys, a couple of ex-fighters, roughnecks, knew I was
going to be doing this film, and they say, “Hey, give Jimmy our best.”
I said, “You know Jimmy Caan?” They said, “Well, we don’t really
know him. But we jumped him and his guys in a train station one
time.” I said, “What the hell kind of introduction is that?” They said,
“Well, tell him, even though it was over quick, he showed a lotta heart.”
So, I got to Seattle, knocked on Jimmy’s trailer, and I said, “I got
regards from the Mangiapane Brothers.” We've never stopped being
friends since that day.

.. . .

Just between us, would you have beaten Rocky in the ring?

Oh, yeah. Oh, no question. A couple of times Sylvester raised his hands
when we were fooling around. But no. I’m very good. I never lost a pro
fight. I still move around and shadow box. Sylvester could’ve been a
world class athlete, don’t get me wrong. But fighting’s a different
game. Y’know who’s one of the best boxers? Not tough, but a fighter.
Jon Voight. He moves pretty good.

.. . .

Do you still own your restaurant in the Bronx, Burt Young’s Il Boschetto?

Yeah. But the law gave me a headache over there. Place has been there
30 years. I came in because friends of mine were involved in freshening it
up. It’s a wonderful restaurant. But for every gorilla in the Bronx, it
became a waterhole. So from the attention over all the years, I had a
little headache.

http://www.brightlightsfilm.com/53/burtyoungiv.htm

Old April 26th 07, 07:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill Tuthill

ASAAR wrote:

I wouldn't know, his site is too slow. (dialup used here)

You are the heart and soul of this newsgroup, and use a dialup connection?
Wow. I appreciate your posts, BTW.

The paintings are interesting, but probably not worth your dialup time.

Old April 26th 07, 08:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On 26 Apr 2007 11:37:00 -0700, Bill Tuthill wrote:

I wouldn't know, his site is too slow. (dialup used here)

You are the heart and soul of this newsgroup, and use a dialup connection?
Wow. I appreciate your posts, BTW.

The paintings are interesting, but probably not worth your dialup time.

Thanks. I probably wouldn't have liked the paintings as much as
the interview anyway. On the other hand, Burt's obviously got a lot
more going for him that most of the characters he's played, so who
knows? At least I now know that it may not be very wise to walk
past Il Boschetto with my camera, as I've done a couple of times.