Oops. I was wrong.

Old March 30th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J. Littleboy

Default Oops. I was wrong.

My abject and humble apologies to the P&S users here.

I was wrong. the Japanese are still using P&S cameras.

Here's the proof: http://www.pbase.com/davidjl/image/76381610/large

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old March 30th 07, 02:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J. Littleboy

"Joan" wrote:

I like the idea of the stabilizer.

: Here's the proof: http://www.pbase.com/davidjl/image/76381610/large

ROFL. Except that in real life it's a destabilizer.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old March 30th 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joseph Meehan

David J. Littleboy wrote:
My abject and humble apologies to the P&S users here.

I was wrong. the Japanese are still using P&S cameras.

Here's the proof: http://www.pbase.com/davidjl/image/76381610/large

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Nice collection of photos.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Old March 31st 07, 09:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

David J. Littleboy wrote:
My abject and humble apologies to the P&S users here.

I was wrong. the Japanese are still using P&S cameras.

Here's the proof: http://www.pbase.com/davidjl/image/76381610/large

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

And still wondering why many of their pictures come out blurry. sigh.
Old March 31st 07, 02:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Scott W

On Mar 30, 10:22 pm, Ron Hunter wrote:
David J. Littleboy wrote:
My abject and humble apologies to the P&S users here.

I was wrong. the Japanese are still using P&S cameras.

Here's the proof:http://www.pbase.com/davidjl/image/76381610/large

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

And still wondering why many of their pictures come out blurry. sigh.

At least they have a chance for some of their photos to come out
looking good. I cringe when I hear the sound of a disposable camera
having its film advanced. You know that ratcheting kind of sound as
they go to the next frame. In the past I have seen people take one of
those cameras on a week long vacation, taking something like 24 photos
and maybe if they are lucky getting two that are worth much of
anything.

I think the popularity of those disposable cameras is fading, at least
I seem to hear that sound far less then I use to.

So whereas the P&S cameras might not be the best, they are far better
then some of the alternatives, like cell phone cameras for example.

Scott

Old March 31st 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Ruether

"Scott W" wrote in message oups.com...
[...]
At least they have a chance for some of their photos to come out
looking good. I cringe when I hear the sound of a disposable camera
having its film advanced. You know that ratcheting kind of sound as
they go to the next frame.

[...]
Scott

I used to cringe when I heard that yucky "gritch-gritch-gritch" in
my wedding videography sound tracks while editing - BLEAH!
Now, of course, people don't turn off the "Beep!" when they do
anything with their digitals. I once shot a concert with the person
who hired me sitting nearby constantly diddling with her digital
camera - and I had to do a lot of editing around that and other
problems. I'm glad I retired - though it was not for that reason...;-(
--
David Ruether

www.donferrario.com/ruether/
(note address change)

Old March 31st 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sudee

Scott W wrote:

At least they have a chance for some of their photos to come out
looking good. I cringe when I hear the sound of a disposable camera
having its film advanced. You know that ratcheting kind of sound as
they go to the next frame. In the past I have seen people take one of
those cameras on a week long vacation, taking something like 24 photos
and maybe if they are lucky getting two that are worth much of
anything.

I think the popularity of those disposable cameras is fading, at least
I seem to hear that sound far less then I use to.

Scott

My camera club has an annual photo contest in which disposable cameras must be
used. The rules a use one 24-shot camera only, no dinking in Photoshop,
entries are developed & printed at 8X10 commercially, pick your best shot. Some
of the entries are pretty darn good! Sometimes working with limitations makes
you think, take your time & get creative.

Not that I'd give up my DSLR system! ;o)
--
Sue

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well
dance.
Unknown
Old April 1st 07, 09:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

David J. Littleboy wrote:
[...]

While a few high-end cell phones have cameras with 5 mp, and even flash,
the vast majority of them are pretty near worthless.
What do you want from a camera lens the size of a pinhead?
Old April 4th 07, 04:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

"David J. Littleboy" wrote:

My abject and humble apologies to the P&S users here.

I was wrong. the Japanese are still using P&S cameras.

Here's the proof: http://www.pbase.com/davidjl/image/76381610/large

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Hello, David:

You're wrong, eh? Neither the first time, nor the last. G

Cordially,
John Turco

Oops... wrong white balance... Steve Cutchen Digital SLR Cameras 34 October 13th 06 03:23 AM
Distorion! (oops) 2 Digital Photography 0 April 23rd 06 04:27 AM
oops sorry so much pug brian Photographing Nature 0 November 6th 05 11:54 PM
oops N8urePix Photographing Nature 0 December 6th 04 06:09 PM
oops. Overexposed VC 160 Michael R. Lachance Medium Format Photography Equipment 8 September 28th 04 09:33 PM