TSA strikes again

Old December 9th 05, 01:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default TSA strikes again

In article ,
RobG wrote:
Yeah... and I know an ex-SAS chap who can kill you about 100 different
ways, mostly silent, mostly without anything anyone would recognise as a
'weapon'. If you want extreme pain without actually getting too close to
being dead, he's your man for that too.
This whole anti-terror thing s***s me to tears.

The safest I ever felt on a plane was when we flew out of Amsterdam on
Northwest/KLM. The captain and crew were all Dutch, but they looked and
talked like Nazi's. It was hilarious. The cabin crew were these very
tall blond and thin but strong (and mean-looking) ladies who gave a
strong impression that they could lay anyone in the floor at any time
with a quick karate chop. They had steel-blue eyes that said, "no
messing around or we'll kill you." There were 3 captains, two to pilot
the plane and always one to circulate through the cabin, they took turns
flying the plane and circulating. When we got ready to take off, the
pilot barked in his German-sounding rolling-R accent, "Cabin__Crrrew,
Take__your__seats__NOW!" And off we flew.
With a crew like that, you don't worry.
--
"It is easier to fight for your principles
than to live by them."
Old December 9th 05, 01:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

In article ,
Mamamia wrote:

With a crew like that, you don't worry.

In your Padded airplane.*Plonk*
--
Yes I made, another pointless post from another
nameless nobody. I hope it made you feel better.
Old December 9th 05, 02:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

RK wrote:
I travel all the time and have had not a single unpleasant experience
witih TSA people, even though I am usually taken aside for a check
because I refuse to take my shoes off. This said, there is an air of
lunacy about a lot of this, the confused policies, inconsistent
checking, total vulnerability to missle attack, and, of course, the
larger national panic that has been induced by politicians who want
pork and votes. Anyhow, the next attack will be more than flying planes
into something. Katrina redux.

Oh, I don't know what airline you fly on but more than once in the past
couple of years I have been on flights in which the door to the flight
deck was left open well after the plane left the gate.

I fly a lot too, over 60,000 miles this year. Most of the time,
TSA security goes pretty smooth, as I know exactly what I must do
to minimize hassle. This time I was carrying 2 laptops, a lot
of spare USB hard drives, and support electronics like mice,
power supplies, mp3 player, etc. From the title of the post,
"again" refers to this is the second time I was stopped
for allen wrenches, so I knew they were a problem. I just
had put them in the wrong bag when I was on a photo trip.
The first time was a year ago when I was carrying a large
photo backpack. If I had known I had an allen wrench, I would
have put it in checked luggage. But the intensity and effort
used to track down this allen wrench surprised me when I thought
TSA was getting a better sense of reality these days.

I fly internationally a lot too, and have never seen stuff like
this in other countries. On an Air Italia flight recently,
I sat in the first row, and the cockpit door was left open
the whole flight, yet you couldn't turn on electronics, even
a CD player.

Roger
Old December 9th 05, 04:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

On $DATE , cjcampbell wrote:

I wonder just how helpless the American public has to be before
we are 'safe' for, er, from terrorists?

Maybe it would be better if TSA just issued baseball bats to all
airline passengers.

But, speaking as a pilot, there will never be another hijacking
where a plane is deliberately flown into a building. 9/11
happened in the context of pilots complying with whatever
hijackers asked of them. Nowadays, a pilot will take whatever
measures are necessary to render a hijacker helpless, no matter
who or what the terrorist takes hostage. Roll the air plane,
violent manoeuvres, depressurize the cabin, fly into the ground,
call for the Air Force to shoot you down -- no matter what, the
terrorist does not get the air plane.

Unless the air force has sent all it's planes on manoeuvers
elsewhere just on that day.

Fred.
(Please remove FFFf from my email address to reply, if by email)
Old December 9th 05, 07:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Lesson: the terrorists will send advance people armed with
tiny allen wrenches to divert attention from the real stuff.

Roger

And if they'd not found it and you'd gotten home to discover it you'd have
complained about the poor job the TSA is doing because they don't even find
things that aren't allowed.

Get a life.

Old December 9th 05, 09:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

RK wrote:
I travel all the time and have had not a single unpleasant experience
witih TSA people, even though I am usually taken aside for a check
because I refuse to take my shoes off. This said, there is an air of
lunacy about a lot of this, the confused policies, inconsistent
checking, total vulnerability to missle attack, and, of course, the
larger national panic that has been induced by politicians who want
pork and votes. Anyhow, the next attack will be more than flying planes
into something. Katrina redux.

Oh, I don't know what airline you fly on but more than once in the past
couple of years I have been on flights in which the door to the flight
deck was left open well after the plane left the gate.

If that happens, you should call the FAA before the plane takes off and
report it!
Old December 9th 05, 09:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

RK wrote:
[...]

Again REPORT THIS IMMEDIATELY if it happens!
Old December 9th 05, 09:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message
RK wrote:
[...]

Ron, I know this comes as a shock, but TSA has zip to do with security in
most foreign airports. I can just imagine them telling the Israelis how to
do it, can't you?

Old December 9th 05, 10:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

On 8 Dec 2005 21:48:59 -0800, "cjcampbell"
wrote:

I wonder just how helpless the American public has to be before we are
'safe' for, er, from terrorists?

When all our civil rights have been stripped away from us while the
gummint spends money to protect all the container ports in Montana and
Iowa.

But, speaking as a pilot, there will never be another hijacking where a
plane is deliberately flown into a building. 9/11 happened in the
context of pilots complying with whatever hijackers asked of them.
Nowadays, a pilot will take whatever measures are necessary to render a
hijacker helpless, no matter who or what the terrorist takes hostage.
Roll the airplane, violent maneuvers, depressurize the cabin, fly into
the ground, call for the Air Force to shoot you down -- no matter what,
the terrorist does not get the airplane.

Are you even supposed to be talking about these things? Seriously.
Besides, what can you the pilot do if one of the hi-jackers is now
flying the plane?

But for a last minute change in plans, I would have been flying out of
JFK airport on 9/11.