Will need new printer

Old September 18th 15, 02:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo

Default Will need new printer ... add'l ?

On 09/17/2015 08:36 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 17:50:22 -0700, Savageduck

On 2015-09-17 21:20:43 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 17:09:53 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

it's not surprisingly quickly. set it to b/w and the colour ink will
last well beyond it's use-by date.

Where is this date? I have just examined an Epson ink cartridge, and
the box that it came in along with three other cartridges, and there
is no use-by date.

https://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/...?qaid=InkTech8
Epson ink cartridges have a suggested "Use before" date on the
cartridge packaging. To preserve optimum quality, Epson cartridges
are vacuum sealed in plastic packaging, but that vacuum seal can be
compromised after the "Use before" date identified on the cartridge
packaging. Also, the performance characteristics of the ink can be
compromised through evaporation and other factors after the "Use
before" date passes. Users can replace expired cartridges to assure
reliable, high quality printing, but the printers do not disable
cartridges after the suggested "Use before" date has passed.

I asked you where this information is located. Neither the Epson
cartridge that I have in my hand nor the box has a date on it. The
cartridge is still vacuum sealed.

Is this an invisible feature?

On the bottom of the box for the standard capacity set of 4 273
cartridges for my all-in-one Epson XP-610, I see "Best before 5, 2017".
https://db.tt/LVnEqZ7g
https://db.tt/0dErGdHb

No date anywhere on the cartridge or the box of Epson 200XL
cartridges.

I have some other cartridges - 98s and 125s - from previous Epson
printers. A 125 box has a date. The 98 cartridges have no date and
are still in the shrink wrap, but I don't have the boxes for them.

The date , more than likely was on the box

The 200XLs are made in Indonesia and the 125s were made in China. No
country-of-origin on the 98s, but they are from Sieko-Epson.

Old September 18th 15, 02:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-09-17 21:20:43 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 17:09:53 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

[...]

That's global consistency for you.

Savageduck

Old September 18th 15, 05:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Floyd L. Davidson

Default Will need new printer

PeterN wrote:
On 9/16/2015 11:32 PM, nospam wrote:
those are not a 'most people' scenario.

Fine photography never was a "most people scenario." I
think the majority of people here are interested in
photography past the here's junior, and "I've been
there," snapshots.
Why you insist on dragging the level of discussion down is beyond me.

He seems to be on a roll lately. Usually it's just nitpicking
bull**** that doesn't need to be said, though often is at least
close to being "right".

Lately it's mostly just abject stupid and wrong.

--
Floyd L. Davidson http://www.apaflo.com/
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)
Old September 18th 15, 10:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo

On 09/17/2015 09:06 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:

On the bottom of the box for the standard capacity set of 4 273
cartridges for my all-in-one Epson XP-610, I see "Best before 5, 2017".
https://db.tt/LVnEqZ7g
https://db.tt/0dErGdHb

No date anywhere on the cartridge or the box of Epson 200XL
cartridges.

I have some other cartridges - 98s and 125s - from previous Epson
printers. A 125 box has a date. The 98 cartridges have no date and
are still in the shrink wrap, but I don't have the boxes for them.

The date , more than likely was on the box

The 200XLs are in the box. Neither box nor cartridge has a date. They
were recently purchased, so maybe Epson no longer feels at use by date
is necessary.

I don't know but the ones we just bought and are returning do have a
date on them

Old September 18th 15, 04:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 9/18/2015 12:07 AM, Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
PeterN wrote:
On 9/16/2015 11:32 PM, nospam wrote:
those are not a 'most people' scenario.

Fine photography never was a "most people scenario." I
think the majority of people here are interested in
photography past the here's junior, and "I've been
there," snapshots.
Why you insist on dragging the level of discussion down is beyond me.

He seems to be on a roll lately. Usually it's just nitpicking
bull**** that doesn't need to be said, though often is at least
close to being "right".

Lately it's mostly just abject stupid and wrong.

If you asked the color temperature of his viewing box, he would reply
that most people don't use one. In that case he'd be right, and it would
further illustrate the probable level of his photographic aspirations.

--
PeterN
Old September 18th 15, 05:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo

Default Will need new printer ...progress report

The new printer arrived early this morning...in considerably less than
48 hours...and we did not even specify "rush".

Wife is now initializing it and I put the old printer out in the alley
for the scavengers. Someone took it within an hour...must have some
scrap value.
Old September 18th 15, 05:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-09-18 16:34:54 +0000, philo said:

The new printer arrived early this morning...in considerably less than
48 hours...and we did not even specify "rush".

Wife is now initializing it and I put the old printer out in the alley
for the scavengers. Someone took it within an hour...must have some
scrap value.

What sort of neighborhood do you live in?

Our scavengers are racoons and possums, None of our possums are big
enough to get a photo printer in their pouch, and I don't think there
is a printer tasty enough for a racoon.

Savageduck

Old September 18th 15, 06:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo

On 2015-09-18 16:34:54 +0000, philo said:

The new printer arrived early this morning...in considerably less than
48 hours...and we did not even specify "rush".

Wife is now initializing it and I put the old printer out in the alley
for the scavengers. Someone took it within an hour...must have some
scrap value.

What sort of neighborhood do you live in?

Our scavengers are racoons and possums, None of our possums are big
enough to get a photo printer in their pouch, and I don't think there is
a printer tasty enough for a racoon.

I live in Milwaukee, within easy walking distance of a good neighborhood.

Also near the Milwaukee River and not too far from Lake Michigan.

We get an assortment of scavengers...raccoons, 'possums, groundhogs etc
and also the human variety.

The humans go after scrap metal and electronic scrap.

I guess one of my friends talked to one of those "pickup truck" guys and
they said they could get about $50 a truckload. I don't know how much
they spend on gas but it must be worth it.

Anyway my wife just ran off the first few test prints and they are damn
well perfect. The printed image looked even better than what the monitor
showed...so instead of tweaking the printer settings, she tweaked the
monitor just a tad.

One color and one B&W

The B&W was better than the old R1800 and not even a trace of color tinge.

Thanks a million for the great advice and now my wife can get back to
work...

While we are at it, we cleaned up her desk too and made the layour less
cluttered.
Old September 18th 15, 06:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo

On 09/18/2015 12:15 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
orhood do you live in?

Our scavengers are racoons and possums, None of our possums are big
enough to get a photo printer in their pouch, and I don't think there
is a printer tasty enough for a racoon.

Our trash pick-ups are on Tuesday and Friday. People do roam the
streets early on those days with hopes of scavenging something useful
or valuable in some way.

We have one trash pick up a week and recyclables every three weeks.
I put the old printer out there right after the trash pick up.

I'm not ashamed to say that I do pick things up sometimes that are left
out on the curb. One of my neighbors threw out an art-deco magazine
rack. A few months later we saw the same type in an architectural
museum. The same neighbors also threw out a nice cedar chest.

Incredible!

Two twin bed frames were set out last night by someone across the
street. They were gone when I went out to place my trashbags at the
curb this morning, and that was before the trucks came by.

Whether they were picked up to be used, or picked up for the scrap
value of the metal, I don't know.

The man across the street, who lived alone, died a few months ago. The
person who has been handling his effects has been setting things from
furniture to household goods out on the street every Thursday night.
They are usually gone before the trucks come.

Old September 18th 15, 06:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-09-18 17:15:30 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 09:56:13 -0700, Savageduck

On 2015-09-18 16:34:54 +0000, philo said:

The new printer arrived early this morning...in considerably less than
48 hours...and we did not even specify "rush".

Wife is now initializing it and I put the old printer out in the alley
for the scavengers. Someone took it within an hour...must have some
scrap value.

What sort of neighborhood do you live in?

Our scavengers are racoons and possums, None of our possums are big
enough to get a photo printer in their pouch, and I don't think there
is a printer tasty enough for a racoon.

Our trash pick-ups are on Tuesday and Friday.

Out here in the countryside we have a Monday pick-up. We are supplied
with three cans, trash, recycleables, and greenfor garden waste.
Anything other than what is in those cans costs extra. Electronics,
appliances, old furniture, matresses, extra cans, etc. left on the curb
are not picked up, unless by prior arrangement with the waste company.

People do roam the streets early on those days with hopes of scavenging
something useful
or valuable in some way.

Well, I live 13 miles from town (Paso Robles) in a gated community. So,
we don't get too many opportunists, but we do get racoons and possums.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_296.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_297.jpg

Two twin bed frames were set out last night by someone across the
street. They were gone when I went out to place my trashbags at the
curb this morning, and that was before the trucks came by.

We would have to deal with those ourselves or pay to have them vanish.

Whether they were picked up to be used, or picked up for the scrap
value of the metal, I don't know.

The man across the street, who lived alone, died a few months ago.

That happens.

The person who has been handling his effects has been setting things from
furniture to household goods out on the street every Thursday night.
They are usually gone before the trucks come.

That wouldn't happen out here.

Savageduck