Ping: Simon Lee ( Bogen 3001 question)

Old September 4th 04, 03:28 PM
Wm Gardner

Default Ping: Simon Lee ( Bogen 3001 question)

As my 3001 pro broke last night (one of the leg quick releases snapped
in half) I have had been working on it more than usual to try to get it
functional again. As I was doing this I ran across the answer to your
low angle adaptor question. Now if I could only explain it......

-Unscrew the triangular piece from the bottom of the column. Notice that
this piece has an attachment on the bottom that sort of looks like a
loaf of bread.
-Remove the column from the leg set of your 3001
-Set the low angle adaptor on top of the "dome", making sure you line up
the "loaf of bread" with the groves to mount your column horizontally.
-Tighten as you would on the column, the "dome" will clamp down on the
low angle adaptor

Hope this helps but you do have to wonder now, does this really save any
work over just switching your column to mount horizontally?

Bill

--

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Old September 4th 04, 04:09 PM
Matt Clara

"Wm Gardner" wrote in message
[...]

I've taken to leaving the column at home...

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old September 5th 04, 12:45 AM
S Lee

Wm Gardner choreographed a chorus line of high-kicking electrons to
spell out:

As my 3001 pro broke last night (one of the leg quick releases snapped
in half) I have had been working on it more than usual to try to get
it functional again. As I was doing this I ran across the answer to
your low angle adaptor question. Now if I could only explain it......

-Unscrew the triangular piece from the bottom of the column. Notice
that this piece has an attachment on the bottom that sort of looks
like a loaf of bread.
-Remove the column from the leg set of your 3001
-Set the low angle adaptor on top of the "dome", making sure you line
up the "loaf of bread" with the groves to mount your column
horizontally. -Tighten as you would on the column, the "dome" will
clamp down on the low angle adaptor

This is pretty much how my arrangement works now, but in my case
the "dome" does not tighten enough to firmly engage the "loaf of
bread." Main question: Can you remove the plastic bit that the
loaf/bolt screws into on the center column, and is there a brass pin
at the bottom of your center column?

Hope this helps but you do have to wonder now, does this really save
any work over just switching your column to mount horizontally?

Thanks for contributing!
Work savings: No. Height savings vs. center column horizontally: Minor.
Stability vs. center column horizontally: Probably better. Anyway, I
like to see if the gadget works as it is supposed to

--
__ A L L D O N E! B Y E B Y E!

Old September 5th 04, 04:39 AM
Wm Gardner

Have not tried this in a long time on mine but seem to recall it
clamping down snug enough. No brass pin on mine, the aluminum shaft is
crimped around the treaded (plastic) insert on the bottom.

Good luck, let us know if you get it figured out.....

Bill