Fed 3 Rangefinder calibration. How to do it???

Old September 1st 04, 02:08 PM
Stu

Default Fed 3 Rangefinder calibration. How to do it???

Anyone out there know how to? I've found a listing on the web for
calibrating a Fed 2, which is similar, but not the same. Help!!!!

Thanks

Stu
Old September 3rd 04, 12:48 AM
Ted Azito

Have you consulted the Maizenberg book? Might be in there.

There are a couple in the OCLC system, so your library can probably
interlibrary loan one for you.
Old September 3rd 04, 12:48 AM
Ted Azito

Old September 3rd 04, 12:48 AM
Ted Azito

Old September 3rd 04, 08:34 AM
Chris Loffredo

Stu wrote:
Anyone out there know how to? I've found a listing on the web for
calibrating a Fed 2, which is similar, but not the same. Help!!!!

Thanks

Stu

The infinity calibration is a screw which you access through a hole (not
sure about the "3", but in later models a spring-loaded cover pops off)
in the front of the camera.

Short range calibration is by adjusting the eccentric piece on the
rangefinder coupling arm (grip firmly with pliars - a drop of nail
polish or similar will help block it when you are sure of the setting).

Of course adjusting one affects the other, so you might have to go
through 3-4 adjustment cycles before both are right on.

I'd start by checking/adjusting the short distance calibration (at 1
meter), since that is the one most likely to lose its setting.

Good luck!

Chris