Sigma SD 10 Newbie Help UPDATE

Old August 10th 04, 06:50 PM
Roland Karlsson

Default Sigma SD 10 Newbie Help UPDATE

(Steven Scharf) wrote in
om:

But actually, worst is Foveon -
they are trying to both eat the cake and still have it. They say that
the sensor in the Sigma camera have 10 million full color pixels.

I don't believe that Foveon ever claimed this.

Hmmmm ... they have cleverly rewritten their web site. I earlier found
what I claimed above without any problems. But now ... it is gone.

The nearest I can come now is this ...

http://www.foveon.com/prod_f7.html
http://www.foveon.com/prod_f19.html

Both says that they are "measuring full color at every
point in the captured image". So - what is a point?
Can there be fewer points than pixels? Hardly. We are
therefore assuming that they mean full color at each pixel.
Nothing else is reasonable.

Further down they say that the sensors contains 10.2 or a
4.5 million pixel respectively. They also explain "pixel"
as "pixel sensor". But that is a cheap trick. Why not call
it "pixel sensor" then in the first place?

Not only are they lying, they are deceptive also. They are trying
to hide their lies in smoke. I think this is sad really. Their
technology has a much brighter potential than such scoundrels
deserve.

/Roland
Old August 10th 04, 06:53 PM
Roland Karlsson

Default Swappable sensors - Was: Sigma SD 10 Newbie Help UPDATE

Crownfield wrote in :

but you want the p25 is about 30,000,
and a good adapter back for the large format is about 1995.

Of course I want a p25

But why put it on a a large format camera?
And where shall I get the money
And why is the adapter $2000? What is it doing?

/Roland
Old August 11th 04, 03:47 AM
Crownfield

Roland Karlsson wrote:

Crownfield wrote in :

but you want the p25 is about 30,000,
and a good adapter back for the large format is about 1995.

Of course I want a p25

But why put it on a a large format camera?

to get swings and tilts, rise and shifts.

And where shall I get the money

If I can answer that myself, I will let you know.

And why is the adapter $2000? What is it doing?

http://www.kapturegroup.com/

allows changing from viewer to back easily,
and allows 'panorama' multiple images also

and

The Kapture Group STITCHING Back Adapter lets you attach your digital
back to just about any view camera. The included drop-in insert can be
rotated to portrait or landscape orientation. Shoot in the single
capture mode or flip the lever to switch to the double capture stitching
mode. In the stitching mode you capture two side by side images and
stitch them together in your image editing software. Stitching of 2
captured images yields both a significant increased file size and field
of view. Because your digital back can be oriented in either the
landscape or portrait mode you also have the choice of 2 stitching
aspect ratios depending on your layout needs.

Kapture Group Sliding Back adapters incorporate a bright Beattie
Intenscreen Plus focus screen. The silk-screened masking for
2K x 3K, 4k x 4k and 5x4 has both horizontal and vertical grid lines for
preview and composition.

/Roland

Old August 11th 04, 08:32 AM
Roland Karlsson

Crownfield wrote in :

But why put it on a a large format camera?

to get swings and tilts, rise and shifts.

If the image is digital, you can easily do almost everything in
software, without any tilts, swings or shifts. The only thing
you cannot do is advanced focus control. BTW - the large format
lens is not as good as a medium format lens and it is much
worse at the edges. So, shifts will lose more quality than doing
the correction in software for a medium format camera.

And why is the adapter $2000? What is it doing?

http://www.kapturegroup.com/

allows changing from viewer to back easily,
and allows 'panorama' multiple images also

and

Nice! - but $2000? No way! It is only some nice mechanics and a
good matting screen. $500 sounds like a more reasonbable price.
But ... I am not going to buy one nevertheless ...

/Roland