I am a cheapskate

Old July 1st 05, 07:25 PM
Rudy Benner

Default I am a cheapskate

I would like to have a remote control for my new C-7070 but I am too cheap
to buy one, I was thinking that one of the "universal remotes' I have lying
around might do the job if I know the right code. Seems to me I ran into
something like this some time back.

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Yes, the Oly C-7070 is a BIG improvement over my Canon A85.

--

Rudy Benner

Never attempt to reason with people who know they are right.

Old July 12th 05, 08:12 PM
l e o

Rudy Benner wrote:
I would like to have a remote control for my new C-7070 but I am too cheap
to buy one, I was thinking that one of the "universal remotes' I have lying
around might do the job if I know the right code. Seems to me I ran into
something like this some time back.

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Yes, the Oly C-7070 is a BIG improvement over my Canon A85.

No, I think you need a "learning remote;" not those cheap one that
requires you type in codes for a specific device. But then you need to
borrow the real thing to teach your remote. And if you can do
programming, you can use a Palm's IR port.
Old July 12th 05, 10:57 PM
Rudy Benner

"l e o" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Rudy Benner wrote:
I would like to have a remote control for my new C-7070 but I am too
cheap to buy one, I was thinking that one of the "universal remotes' I
have lying around might do the job if I know the right code. Seems to me
I ran into something like this some time back.

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Yes, the Oly C-7070 is a BIG improvement over my Canon A85.

No, I think you need a "learning remote;" not those cheap one that
requires you type in codes for a specific device. But then you need to
borrow the real thing to teach your remote. And if you can do programming,
you can use a Palm's IR port.

Precisely.