B&W digital

Old February 8th 15, 04:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default B&W digital (drop box links)

On 2/8/2015 9:14 AM, Alan Browne wrote:
On 2015.02.08 08:55 , Tony Cooper wrote:

Hypocrites have bad reputations. People tend to doubt their veracity.

Plonk it and end the doubt.

I second the motion

--
PeterN
Old February 8th 15, 04:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_7_]

On 2015-02-08 16:02:58 +0000, Sandman said:

In article , Andreas Skitsnack
wrote:

Andreas Skitsnack:
For once, you are correct. I can hardly
call something a "neologism" and not concede that it's a
word since "neologism" means "new word". I do recognize the
conflict.

Sandman:
Also, you can hardly state "App is not a word" if
you're not at the same time doing your best to ignore its
inclusion in the dictionary. It's something for the quote
file.

Andreas Skitsnack:
Sorry you weren't able to work out that when I said the above
about a neologism, and had previously stated that "app" is a
neologism, that my comments applied to both "photoshop" and
"app".

Sandman:
No apology needed, I was in reference to your explicit claim that
"app" is not a word, which turned out to be an incorrect claim,
which of course is why you snipped the claim in your followup:

I addressed the acceptance of "app" as a neologism, that an
neologism is a "new word", and that a word - new or not - is a word.

Its origin is from 1985, it's not "new".

Sandman:
Of course, you snipped your explicit claim again, so you could use
your usual diversion tactics:

Today's word for you to learn is "hypocrite". A hypocrite is a
person who claims someone else snipped something that should be
addressed, but then snips something of his own that should be
addressed.

Sorry, you have it backwards. Here is my post:

There were no parts of your post snipped in that post. Here is your followup:

Where you snipped not one, not two, but four parts of my post that you couldn't
respond to. This is my followup to that post:

Where I snipped one passage from you that talked about "veracity" which I may
have chosen incorrectly. Since there was no serious question and just another
spelling/grammar flame from you, I snipped it. If you feel like it, let me know
if you want me to address something from that part of your post.

So, as you can see, the one that started to snip was - as usual - you.

Here are the parts you snipped:

1. About your ad hominem towards nospam:

Ah, bad choice of defense, since that particular line was in response to a
post where you said this:

"That's one of your sillier arguments"

"How ridiculous can you be?"

You were clearly the first to introduce ad hominem's into the discussion.

2. On your inability to support your claims about word "acceptance":

Ah, so "app" is not a word according to you, but it is accepted in... some
context... according to... what?

3. Me pointing out the irony of your change of heart:

The irony here was your change of heart since 11 months ago, based on
nothing that has changed with regards to definition, dictionary or
"acceptance" whatever that means.

4. On the topic of nospam "accepting" something, according to you:

"Accept"? Maybe you could quote this? I mean, I've only ever seen nospam
express his personal opinion that "Elemented" as a verb "sounds dumb".

Savageduck

Old February 8th 15, 04:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_7_]

On 2015-02-08 16:02:58 +0000, Sandman said:

In article , Andreas Skitsnack
wrote:

On the subject of this particuar sub-thread I only have this to say;
Aaaaaggh!!!!
My eyes hurt my brain!!

Savageduck

Old February 9th 15, 07:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Andreas Skitsnack wrote:

Sandman:
Where I snipped one passage from you that talked about "veracity"
which I may have chosen incorrectly.

May have? You write reams of text about people not admitting error
and snipping, and then you come out with a mealy-mouthed "may have"?
What a hypocrite!

Andreas the snipper said. You're the one to talk about admitting to errors, snip
boy.

I'll address this "hypocrisy" of mine when you address this:

Tony Cooper
03/17/2014 01:29:18 PM

"Only Adobe can call a plug-in a "Photoshop Plug-in""

You've been running far and wide form this and doing your best to snip it out so
you don't have to admit to having made a huge error. For you to even bring up the
topic of admitting to errors is the biggest pile of hypocrisy in this group yet.

I have a loooooong list of explicit claims from you that you have defended in
spite of being proven 100% wrong. You're the *last* person to ever talk about
admitting to errors. In this group, I am probably the one *most* likely to admit
to an error, and you know it.

--
Sandman