Nikon D300 grip flaw?

Old January 18th 08, 04:14 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Sosumi

Default Nikon D300 grip flaw?

If you use the multi button on the camera, you can skip thru pictures from
left to right and up -down will give info and RGB histogram. But on the grip
the multi button is reversed: to go thru picture is up-down en info is left
right.
I addressed this issue and Nikon support Europe told me they might change /
update the firmware.

So owners of D300: start complaining!
It is a nice feature, though. Not even the D3 has it. But the D300 with grip
is taller than the D3.

--
Sosumi

Old January 18th 08, 05:05 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jones[_2_]

Sosumi wrote:
If you use the multi button on the camera, you can skip thru pictures
from left to right and up -down will give info and RGB histogram. But
on the grip the multi button is reversed: to go thru picture is
up-down en info is left right.
I addressed this issue and Nikon support Europe told me they might
change / update the firmware.

So owners of D300: start complaining!
It is a nice feature, though. Not even the D3 has it. But the D300
with grip is taller than the D3.

You have to be joking. Get a life and find something real to bitch about.
Man get your money back right away. Get a Canon and then you will have
something worthwhile to complain about.

Old January 18th 08, 06:46 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Sosumi

"Jones" wrote in message
.. .
Sosumi wrote:
If you use the multi button on the camera, you can skip thru pictures
from left to right and up -down will give info and RGB histogram. But
on the grip the multi button is reversed: to go thru picture is
up-down en info is left right.
I addressed this issue and Nikon support Europe told me they might
change / update the firmware.

So owners of D300: start complaining!
It is a nice feature, though. Not even the D3 has it. But the D300
with grip is taller than the D3.

You have to be joking. Get a life and find something real to bitch about.
Man get your money back right away. Get a Canon and then you will have
something worthwhile to complain about.

Why don't you stick it where the sun don't shine?

Old January 18th 08, 10:42 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jones[_2_]

Sosumi wrote:
"Jones" wrote in message
.. .
Sosumi wrote:
If you use the multi button on the camera, you can skip thru
pictures from left to right and up -down will give info and RGB
histogram. But on the grip the multi button is reversed: to go thru
picture is up-down en info is left right.
I addressed this issue and Nikon support Europe told me they might
change / update the firmware.

So owners of D300: start complaining!
It is a nice feature, though. Not even the D3 has it. But the D300
with grip is taller than the D3.

You have to be joking. Get a life and find something real to bitch
about. Man get your money back right away. Get a Canon and then you
will have something worthwhile to complain about.

Why don't you stick it where the sun don't shine?

Get a life troll.

Old January 18th 08, 11:01 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Sosumi

"Jones" wrote in message
.. .
Sosumi wrote:
"Jones" wrote in message
.. .
Sosumi wrote:
If you use the multi button on the camera, you can skip thru
pictures from left to right and up -down will give info and RGB
histogram. But on the grip the multi button is reversed: to go thru
picture is up-down en info is left right.
I addressed this issue and Nikon support Europe told me they might
change / update the firmware.

So owners of D300: start complaining!
It is a nice feature, though. Not even the D3 has it. But the D300
with grip is taller than the D3.

You have to be joking. Get a life and find something real to bitch
about. Man get your money back right away. Get a Canon and then you
will have something worthwhile to complain about.

Why don't you stick it where the sun don't shine?

Get a life troll.

Why would I get a life troll?

Old January 19th 08, 12:58 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
C J Campbell

On 2008-01-18 07:14:18 -0800, "Sosumi" said:

If you use the multi button on the camera, you can skip thru pictures from
left to right and up -down will give info and RGB histogram. But on the grip
the multi button is reversed: to go thru picture is up-down en info is left
right.
I addressed this issue and Nikon support Europe told me they might change /
update the firmware.

So owners of D300: start complaining!
It is a nice feature, though. Not even the D3 has it. But the D300 with grip
is taller than the D3.

You realize that you can program the D300 button to work either way, do
you not?
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old January 19th 08, 01:36 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Sosumi

/
update the firmware.

So owners of D300: start complaining!
It is a nice feature, though. Not even the D3 has it. But the D300 with
grip
is taller than the D3.

You realize that you can program the D300 button to work either way, do
you not?

Yes, all buttons, more or less, can be changed and exchanged, like the sub
and main command dial and the direction is also changed on the grip at the
same time. But this seems a lot like an overlook of Nikon. It can not be
changed, unless they update the firmware. This is what Nikon Europe support
told me. And they were also quite surprised!
Feels a little clumsy, because now the directions is exactly the same as the
one on the camera. If you move your thumb more to the left, you have the
camera multi button, so what would be the advantage otherwise?
I think the whole idea is to make you feel it's the same vertical as
horizontal, isn't it?

--
Sosumi

Old January 19th 08, 02:42 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ockham's Razor

In article 2008011815581616807-christophercampbell@hotmailcom,

On 2008-01-18 07:14:18 -0800, "Sosumi" said:

If you use the multi button on the camera, you can skip thru pictures from
left to right and up -down will give info and RGB histogram. But on the grip
the multi button is reversed: to go thru picture is up-down en info is left
right.
I addressed this issue and Nikon support Europe told me they might change /
update the firmware.

So owners of D300: start complaining!
It is a nice feature, though. Not even the D3 has it. But the D300 with grip
is taller than the D3.

You realize that you can program the D300 button to work either way, do
you not?

RTFM!!!!

--
With or without religion, you would have good people doing
good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good

Steven Weinberg
Old January 19th 08, 02:57 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Atheist Chaplain[_2_]

On 2008-01-18 07:14:18 -0800, "Sosumi" said:

[...]

I'm stealing your sig ;-)

--
God made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?

Old January 20th 08, 11:11 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jones[_2_]

Sosumi wrote:
"Jones" wrote in message
.. .
Sosumi wrote:
"Jones" wrote in message
.. .
Sosumi wrote:
If you use the multi button on the camera, you can skip thru
pictures from left to right and up -down will give info and RGB
histogram. But on the grip the multi button is reversed: to go
thru picture is up-down en info is left right.
I addressed this issue and Nikon support Europe told me they might
change / update the firmware.

So owners of D300: start complaining!
It is a nice feature, though. Not even the D3 has it. But the D300
with grip is taller than the D3.

You have to be joking. Get a life and find something real to bitch
about. Man get your money back right away. Get a Canon and then you
will have something worthwhile to complain about.

Why don't you stick it where the sun don't shine?

Get a life troll.

Why would I get a life troll?

Wahahahaha.......Ya, why would you ever consider getting a life?
Wahahahaha........