A question to photographers

Old June 30th 11, 04:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
tcroyer

Default A question to photographers

"Whisky-dave" wrote in message
Well I dont; want to strictly define photographers but :-

Do you think Black & white look the same colour but at differnt
intensities ?

If you'll translate that question into English, I'll be glad to offer my
opinion.

Old July 1st 11, 11:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Floyd L. Davidson

Whisky-dave wrote:
On Jun 30, 4:38*pm, "tcroyer" wrote:
"Whisky-dave" wrote in message

Well I dont; want to strictly define photographers but :-

Do you think Black & white look the same colour but at differnt
intensities ?

If you'll translate that question into English, I'll be glad to offer my
opinion.

On Jun 24, 6:26 pm, (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:

WDJust because black and white look the same to a blind man it doesn't
WDmake them the same.

To a photographer, however, they look like the *same*
*color* at different intensities.

If you can explain the above

Shoot a gray card three times, and bracket plus and
minus 7 stops.

Same card, just one color. Your -7 stop shot will be
black, the +7 stop shot will be white, and the 0 EC shot
should be middle grey.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)
Old July 1st 11, 03:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Furman

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
wrote:
On Jun 30, 4:38 pm, wrote:
wrote in message

Well I dont; want to strictly define photographers but :-

Do you think Black& white look the same colour but at differnt
intensities ?

If you'll translate that question into English, I'll be glad to offer my
opinion.

On Jun 24, 6:26 pm, (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:

WDJust because black and white look the same to a blind man it doesn't
WDmake them the same.

To a photographer, however, they look like the *same*
*color* at different intensities.

If you can explain the above

Shoot a gray card three times, and bracket plus and
minus 7 stops.

Same card, just one color. Your -7 stop shot will be
black, the +7 stop shot will be white, and the 0 EC shot
should be middle grey.

And the 'colors' for those as Red, Green, Blue, will be:

0,0,0
128,128,128
256,256,256

-so the same 'colour but at differnt intensities'

If that was the question...