Beseler Dual Dichro 4500 question

Old October 29th 04, 02:59 PM
Mark Fohl

Default Beseler Dual Dichro 4500 question

Hello Folks, a friend gave me a 4x5 Dual Dichro head, and I want to sell it
on e-bay, as I don't do any color work. I thought I should check it before
I sold it, so I plugged it in and started fooling around with it. I think I
found a problem, but I'm not sure what to make of it, so I am seeking the
wisdom of the net.

I plugged both power cords into the wall, so the head was both on and
enabled for exposure. I had the unit on its side, so I could adjust the
knobs and watch the light output. I started to turn all three knobs,
yellow, magenta, and cyan, and I could see the color of the light changing.
When I turned the yellow and cyan knobs, the output numbers changed
accordingly: low numbers starting out, higher numbers as I turn the knob
clockwise. But I couldn't see the magenta number changing; the light output
changed, but not the number value. When I changed the yellow and cyan
lights, I could see small changes in the magenta number.

Any idea what might cause this? And how I can fix it? It's probably
essential that the number reflect the actual value of the output.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

-- Mark

Old October 30th 04, 01:48 AM
RWatson767

Mark
Beseler Dual Dichro 4500 question

Any idea what might cause this? And how I can fix it?

Sounds like a mechanical problem with the magenta adjustment mechanism. The
fix is to determine the problem and correct it. Too much to discuss here. Find
a repairman who will handle this. Where is the head now?

Bob AZ
Old October 31st 04, 01:59 PM
Mike King

If you plan to sell it on eBay, I don't know how much you want to spend on
repairs, might be best to sell it "as is" to someone that knows how to fix
it.

--
darkroommike

Mark