Its a 16x9 widescreen world

Old September 12th 10, 09:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tim Conway[_2_]

Default Its a 16x9 widescreen world

"Survivor" wrote in message
Listen,

All TVs and most computers are going to 16x9 widescreen displays.

So where are the still cameras optimized for this format?

Where are the widescreen print and paper formats?

Pictures that don't fit your new HD screen are so lame.

Nikon's new P7000 has a 16x9 size photo.

Old September 13th 10, 05:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_16_]

"Neil Harrington" wrote in message

"David J Taylor" wrote in
message

[]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_T220/T221_LCD_monitors

Yipe! Not surprisingly, they don't even hint at the price. I suppose
this is somewhat like J.P. Morgan's famous reply to someone who asked
about the cost of his yacht: "If you have to ask how much they cost, you
can't afford one."

Agreed, and they are now quite old.

Cheers,
David

Old September 14th 10, 08:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_16_]

"John McWilliams" wrote in message
On 9/13/10 PDT 9:27 AM, David J Taylor wrote:
"Neil Harrington" wrote in message

"David J Taylor" wrote in
message

[]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_T220/T221_LCD_monitors

Yipe! Not surprisingly, they don't even hint at the price. I suppose
this is somewhat like J.P. Morgan's famous reply to someone who asked
about the cost of his yacht: "If you have to ask how much they cost,
you can't afford one."

Agreed, and they are now quite old.

Mr. Morgan's response was about the upkeep, not the initial capital
outlay.

--
john mcwilliams

Was it, I didn't know that. Certainly not the way the saying is typically
used these days.

David

Old September 14th 10, 09:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
irwell

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:46:12 -0400, Neil Harrington wrote:

"John McWilliams" wrote in message
On 9/13/10 PDT 9:27 AM, David J Taylor wrote:
"Neil Harrington" wrote in message

"David J Taylor" wrote in
message
[]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_T220/T221_LCD_monitors

Yipe! Not surprisingly, they don't even hint at the price. I suppose
this is somewhat like J.P. Morgan's famous reply to someone who asked
about the cost of his yacht: "If you have to ask how much they cost,
you can't afford one."

Agreed, and they are now quite old.

Mr. Morgan's response was about the upkeep, not the initial capital
outlay.

I thought it was about both.

Never mind luxurious yachts; at two or three gallons per mile I couldn't
even afford to run the million-dollar speedboat Senator Kerry's wife bought
him, but then I couldn't afford to buy one either.

Millionaire backing his Rolls-Bentley into a parking space when
a little Mini nips in and parks in the slot.

"Ha-ha!' cries the Mini driver, "the world belongs to the
quick and the nimble".

The millionaire keeps backing his Rolls and bangs the
Mini out of the way.

"No it doesn't". says the millionaire "The world belongs to the rich and
powerful. Here's my card, send me your bill"
Old September 14th 10, 10:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
J. Clarke

"John wrote in message
On 9/13/10 PDT 9:27 AM, David J Taylor wrote:
"Neil wrote in message

"David J wrote in
message
[]
[...]

You have just described a scene from the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes".