[SI] Still time to generate some interest

Old August 24th 09, 12:54 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

Default [SI] Still time to generate some interest

"Calvin Sambrook" wrote in message
"Bowser" wrote in message
om...
"Interesting, the current shootin mandate is due September 5th, so
there's still time to get out, find something interesting and shoot it,
or produce an interesting shot of something that isn't. Either way, just
get out and shoot!

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/interesting

For more info about the shootin, please visit he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

Yes, I know, I'll be updating the Rulz page tomorrow. TDL right now.

Thanks for the reminder. After struggling to interpret the mandate for
weeks I finally had inspiration today and grabbed one of my favourite
models for a shoot. Entry is on its way.

I had it easy. Took a day and went into Boston for a few shots. I think most
cities have a few interesting things...

Anyway, I'm hoping I can do better than my first proposed shot, "the big dog
show," which is just a bunch of big metal statues of dogs scattered around a
public park.

Old August 24th 09, 01:53 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 08:44:04 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

"Eric Stevens" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 20:19:05 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

"Interesting, the current shootin mandate is due September 5th, so there's
still time to get out, find something interesting and shoot it, or produce
an interesting shot of something that isn't. Either way, just get out and
shoot!

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/interesting

For more info about the shootin, please visit he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

Yes, I know, I'll be updating the Rulz page tomorrow. TDL right now.

I've submitted two, so far, but have had no acknowledgement. Have you
received them?

I have. I just don't use the auto-responder in the mail client. I guess I'll
set it up...

Thanks - but I wasn't panicking.

Eric Stevens
Old August 24th 09, 11:14 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Eric Stevens

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:53:30 +1200, Eric Stevens
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 08:44:04 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

"Eric Stevens" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 20:19:05 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

"Interesting, the current shootin mandate is due September 5th, so there's
still time to get out, find something interesting and shoot it, or produce
an interesting shot of something that isn't. Either way, just get out and
shoot!

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/interesting

For more info about the shootin, please visit he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

Yes, I know, I'll be updating the Rulz page tomorrow. TDL right now.

I've submitted two, so far, but have had no acknowledgement. Have you
received them?

I have. I just don't use the auto-responder in the mail client. I guess I'll
set it up...

Thanks - but I wasn't panicking.

... or spelling correctly, either.

Eric Stevens
Old August 24th 09, 09:22 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

"Bowser" wrote in message
[...]

Somehow I would rather find them in a park, than a single statue in my
front yard? Anyway, the guys wife has a photo studio right next to the
lake on 125.

Geez, how close are you to me? I shot the statues in the Bradford park
across from that white church.

- JT
enjoying the warm/humid New England weather.

--

"The pendulum of the mind oscillates between sense and nonsense,
not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

Old August 28th 09, 02:44 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

: wrote:
:
: Thanks - but I wasn't panicking.
:
: ... or spelling correctly, either.

Am I missing something? That *is* the correct spelling. Apply your spell
checker if you don't believe me. Because a "c" before "i" is normally
pronounced "s", the "k" is inserted to contradict the rule. Many other words
("picnicking" comes to mind) follow that convention.

Don't sell yourself short; it's unbecoming a photographer. A certain ego level
is necessary to counteract the diffidence and suspicion of the yokelry.)

Bob
Old August 28th 09, 02:52 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 03:04:59 GMT, JustaTroll
wrote:
: Bowser wrote:
:
: "Calvin Sambrook" wrote in message
: ...
: "Bowser" wrote in message
[...]

Speak for yourself, Jus. For me, the heat wave was way too reminiscent of my
misspent youth in Mississippi!

Bob
Old August 28th 09, 03:26 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Phil D

: wrote:
:
: Thanks - but I wasn't panicking.
:
: ... or spelling correctly, either.

Am I missing something? That *is* the correct spelling. Apply your spell
checker if you don't believe me. Because a "c" before "i" is normally
pronounced "s", the "k" is inserted to contradict the rule. Many other words
("picnicking" comes to mind) follow that convention.

Don't sell yourself short; it's unbecoming a photographer. A certain ego level
is necessary to counteract the diffidence and suspicion of the yokelry.)

Bob

Please excuse Eric. He's one of those many resident usenet-trolls that has
nothing better to do. Indeed, "panicking" is the correct spelling, always
has been, most everyone knows this. Eric looks for any reason he can to try
to get attention for himself. He's that lonely and desperate. This is his
only contact with any form of humanity and jumps at any chance he can find,
even it it's caused by some delusional psychotic episode of his, such as
this.

We will forward this thread to his latest psychiatrist to see if a meds
adjustment is in order. For *his* safety, I assure you.