ProShow Gold Crashing (quite long, sorry)

Old March 30th 05, 10:07 AM
Elliot J

Default ProShow Gold Crashing (quite long, sorry)

Hi readers,

ProShow Gold v2.0:
I am relatively new to this software, but have learned my way around
quite quickly. I work in IT and consider myself *usually* proficient at
general software/hardware problem solving.

My first project was a 25 minute slideshow of my brother's wedding,
with synchronised music, various image effects and captioning. Also, as
part of the same presentation, I had another short slideshow with 5
images, displaying the wedding vows.

My menu had music etc, while offering the two slideshow options.

This whole production went well and I was really pleased. Burned to DVD
RW and Rs at highest quality.

Since then ProShow Gold v2.5 was released, so I upgraded to that.

ProShow Gold v2.5:
My next venture has been 3 slideshows on one disc, of my holiday to
Malaysia. Part 1: 30mins, Part 2: 15mins Part 3: 10mins. (Estimations
from memory - the whole production fits comfortably under the final DVD
storage limit).

I have had nothing but problems burning this.

Initially, it would generate the menu (which incorporated an MP3 of
waves crashing on the sea) then immediately crash straight to desktop,
without any error at all.

I removed the MP3 and it was able to generate the menu ok, then move
onto slideshow 1. After generating this, it crashes to desktop again...

I checked the Photodex site, to find a newer build of v2.5 available,
so upgraded. Still having the same problems though.

I have tried it about 5 times (takes about 45 mins to generate each
time) and once it managed to get to generating part 2, but crashed
again before getting to slideshow 3.

I have tried clearing all the ProShow temp files etc, but I get the
same result (but understandably takes longer).

Anyone experienced this at all? Anyone found a solution?

I am totally annoyed with this software now, after spending literally
dozens of hours organising all the images, sounds etc to find I may
never be able to finalise it... :-/

Any suggestions very much appreciated.

(1GB RAM, 250GB total HHD, 2GHz Athlon XP, Windows XP Pro, Abit mobo.)

Old March 30th 05, 10:11 AM
Elliot J

Forgot to mention, I am using a fully compatible DVD burner, listed on
Photodex's web site. But, of course, the software isn't even getting to
the burn stage prior to crashing anyway.

Thanks.

Old March 30th 05, 01:08 PM
Terry

Elliot J wrote:

...snip...

ProShow Gold v2.5:

...snip...

Initially, it would generate the menu (which incorporated an MP3 of
waves crashing on the sea) then immediately crash straight to desktop,
without any error at all.

...snip...

I do not burn to DVD, so have no experience with this. But a
suggestion -- have you contacted photodex? The have phone support,
number listed in the help file. They also have email support, but I've
found that to be very slow response (days).

Terry

Old March 30th 05, 01:08 PM
Terry

Elliot J wrote: