Noct: Nikon subrand for FF MILCs?

Old June 3rd 18, 05:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Noct: Nikon subrand for FF MILCs?

They seem to have put a lot of effort in getting this right from the
start. I'll probably won't get me one but am truly exited to see how this
will push the envelope for MILCs! :-))

Via NR. https://nikonrumors.com/2018/06/02/n...as-a-new-noct-
trademark-for-cameras-and-lenses.aspx/

--
teleportation kills
Old June 3rd 18, 06:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On 3 Jun 2018 04:53:46 GMT, android wrote:

They seem to have put a lot of effort in getting this right from the
start. I'll probably won't get me one but am truly exited to see how this
will push the envelope for MILCs! :-))

Via NR. https://nikonrumors.com/2018/06/02/n...as-a-new-noct-
trademark-for-cameras-and-lenses.aspx/

Given how far behind they are in mirrorless they can't afford to screw
this up. But a separate brand? Makes no sense to me. The Nikon brand
is knows world wide, so why not leverage that name? Unless it's just a
product line name.
Old June 3rd 18, 06:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On Sun, 03 Jun 2018 13:19:41 -0400, wrote in
:

On 3 Jun 2018 04:53:46 GMT, android wrote:

They seem to have put a lot of effort in getting this right from the
start. I'll probably won't get me one but am truly exited to see how
this will push the envelope for MILCs! :-))

Via NR.
https://nikonrumors.com/2018/06/02/n...as-a-new-noct-
trademark-for-cameras-and-lenses.aspx/

Given how far behind they are in mirrorless they can't afford to screw
this up. But a separate brand? Makes no sense to me. The Nikon brand is
knows world wide, so why not leverage that name? Unless it's just a
product line name.

A sub brand is not a separate brand. iPhone is Apples sub brand for
feature telephones, just like Xperia is Sonys for smart phones...

Nikonos, Nikkormat and Nikkor are other Nikon subs, so it's not like it's
new to them...
--
teleportation kills
Old June 3rd 18, 06:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , android
wrote:

They seem to have put a lot of effort in getting this right from the
start. I'll probably won't get me one but am truly exited to see how
this will push the envelope for MILCs! :-))

Via NR. https://nikonrumors.com/2018/06/02/n...as-a-new-noct-
trademark-for-cameras-and-lenses.aspx/

Given how far behind they are in mirrorless they can't afford to screw
this up. But a separate brand? Makes no sense to me. The Nikon brand is
knows world wide, so why not leverage that name? Unless it's just a
product line name.

A sub brand is not a separate brand. iPhone is Apples sub brand for
feature telephones, just like Xperia is Sonys for smart phones...

Nikonos, Nikkormat and Nikkor are other Nikon subs, so it's not like it's
new to them...

nikon used 'noct' more than 40 years ago, with the legendary 58mm f/1.2
noct nikkor lens:

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...oresources/50m
mnikkor/aesenal58mmf12NOCT.jpg

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...oresources/50m
mnikkor/Nico_threelenses.jpg
Old June 4th 18, 12:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
RichA wrote:

nikon used 'noct' more than 40 years ago, with the legendary 58mm f/1.2
noct nikkor lens:

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...oresources/50m
mnikkor/aesenal58mmf12NOCT.jpg

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...oresources/50m
mnikkor/Nico_threelenses.jpg

Except this time they won't be hand-grinding aspherical elements,

no need to do that anymore. lens technology has advanced a *lot* since
the 1970s.

also, an f/1.2 lens isn't needed because digital cameras can shoot at
much higher isos than what existed in the 1970s. iso 1600 is not an
issue and 3200 is quite good. an f/2 or even f/2.8 lens is fine for low
light.
Old June 4th 18, 03:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 6/3/2018 7:14 PM, nospam wrote:
In article ,
RichA wrote:

nikon used 'noct' more than 40 years ago, with the legendary 58mm f/1.2
noct nikkor lens:

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...oresources/50m
mnikkor/aesenal58mmf12NOCT.jpg

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...oresources/50m
mnikkor/Nico_threelenses.jpg

Except this time they won't be hand-grinding aspherical elements,

no need to do that anymore. lens technology has advanced a *lot* since
the 1970s.

also, an f/1.2 lens isn't needed because digital cameras can shoot at
much higher isos than what existed in the 1970s. iso 1600 is not an
issue and 3200 is quite good. an f/2 or even f/2.8 lens is fine for low
light.

Once more you prove your superior knowledge of photography. in many
images shallow DOF is used to enhance the image. But then, since we have
never seen a photographic image claimed by you to be yours, we validly
assume you only take snapshots, if any at all.

--
PeterN
Old June 4th 18, 03:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jun 3, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

RichA wrote:

[...]

First one has to establish ownership of, or access to a camera. Then we have
to have evidence that an image, any image has ever been captured.

We wait, and the World wonders.

Savageduck

Old June 4th 18, 04:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

nikon used 'noct' more than 40 years ago, with the legendary 58mm f/1.2
noct nikkor lens:

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...oresources/50m
mnikkor/aesenal58mmf12NOCT.jpg

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...oresources/50m
mnikkor/Nico_threelenses.jpg

Except this time they won't be hand-grinding aspherical elements,

no need to do that anymore. lens technology has advanced a *lot* since
the 1970s.

also, an f/1.2 lens isn't needed because digital cameras can shoot at
much higher isos than what existed in the 1970s. iso 1600 is not an
issue and 3200 is quite good. an f/2 or even f/2.8 lens is fine for low
light.

Once more you prove your superior knowledge of photography.

yep.

in many
images shallow DOF is used to enhance the image.

it's razor thin at f/1.2 and was not the goal of the noct nikkor.

low light was, thus the name *noct* nikkor, not shallow-dof nikkor.

But then, since we have
never seen a photographic image claimed by you to be yours, we validly
assume you only take snapshots, if any at all.

ad hominem.
Old June 4th 18, 06:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On Sun, 03 Jun 2018 22:24:26 -0400, PeterN
wrote in
:

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...ikkoresources/
[...]

With his corporate issue iPad Pro...

--
teleportation kills
Old June 4th 18, 06:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On Sun, 03 Jun 2018 19:32:07 -0700, Savageduck
wrote in
:

On Jun 3, 2018, PeterN wrote (in article
):

RichA wrote:

nikon used 'noct' more than 40 years ago, with the legendary 58mm
f/1.2 noct nikkor lens:

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/
nikkoresources/50m
[...]

No. It awaits to be amazed!