compact digital SLR camera in the market

Old December 29th 06, 03:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.misc
[email protected]

Default compact digital SLR camera in the market

I wonder if anyone still remember about the Olympus OM-1 and OM-2 when
they were introduced in the market in the early and mid 1970s? It was a
small and compact size that it fit easily in my hand. I must say that I
have relatively small size hand, and this topic may not interest those
who have big hands.
What is the most compact or small digital SLR which available in the
general market today. General means that it is available at your local
photo stores, without special order.
I notice that the Samsung and entry level Pentax were small (and also
heard that they are identical technology, as they share the development
of the SLR). Does Olympus come up with a small/compact digital SLR? I
see the Samsung SLR and they are nice and compact. However, is other
rivals such as Canon, Nikon, Fuji, etc made similar small size digital
SLR?

Old December 29th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.misc
Me

for £400 inc 2 zoom lenses the Samsung gx-1l is a brilliant digi slr - just
got one and yes I do remember the Om1 etc BUT got Minoltas instead. Very
happy with the Samsung, better lenses that the canon and better balanced
than the Nikon we looked at too.

oups.com...

Old December 29th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.misc
Robert R Kircher, Jr.

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Still have my OM-1 http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/image/57007091

The canon XT (350D) / XTi (400D) is a nice small compact DSLR. Bought my
wife one for xmas.

Here are some size comparison photos comparing my 20D her Élan 7NE and the
new XTi
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/xti

In any event, the XTi is an nice little camera. Very functional for its
cost.
--

Rob
"A disturbing new study finds that studies are disturbing"