SONY or Kodak or Nikon?

Old February 21st 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default SONY or Kodak or Nikon?

I have been in 35 mm photography for many years. I also have a large Digital
Plympus with 10X Optical zoom.

I am looking for a small digital to take on trips, but not just an idiotic
Point and Shoot either.

I also like to keep the cost around $200.

Of these 3, which one do you have any experience with and would strongly
recommend:

Sony Cybershot DSC-S90
Kodak Easy Share Z730
Canon Powershot A520

Old February 21st 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Sony Cybershot DSC-S90
Kodak Easy Share Z730
Canon Powershot A520

I tell you what I think, but I might get jumped on for not supplying a
thesis explaining my opinion.

Steve

Old February 22nd 06, 09:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

ritter197 wrote:
I have been in 35 mm photography for many years. I also have a large Digital
Plympus with 10X Optical zoom.

I am looking for a small digital to take on trips, but not just an idiotic
Point and Shoot either.

I also like to keep the cost around $200.

Of these 3, which one do you have any experience with and would strongly
recommend:

Sony Cybershot DSC-S90
Kodak Easy Share Z730
Canon Powershot A520

I don't see how you can go wrong with any of them. Check them all out
at a store, and see which one feels best to you in your hand, and which
is more natural for you to use. That is how I narrow my choice from the
best three to the one I buy.
Old February 23rd 06, 12:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

I have the Sony. Nice camera, good lens. A nice feature in particular is
that the power switch is separate from the mode dial, and it comes with an
external charger for the AA batteries.

Steve