Little noise inside my new Minolta Z10 ?

Old January 2nd 05, 01:33 PM
Alf92

Default Little noise inside my new Minolta Z10 ?

Hello !

When I shake my new Minolta Z10 from back to front and front to back, I ear
a little noise inside, just like a piece of plastic travelling inside (it
seems to be near the viewfinder, but it's dificult to locate...)
I borrough about that...
Is it normal ?
If somebody has the same camera, can he tell me ?

Without this noise, I think the Z10 is a very good digital camera for a low
price !

Thanks for your answer.
Alf92

Old January 2nd 05, 02:56 PM
David J Taylor

Alf92 wrote:
Hello !

When I shake my new Minolta Z10 from back to front and front to back,
I ear a little noise inside, just like a piece of plastic travelling
inside (it seems to be near the viewfinder, but it's dificult to
locate...) I borrough about that...
Is it normal ?

I don't know, but it doesn't sound normal to me. I suggest you take it
back to the shop and compare with an identical model.

Cheers,
David

Old January 2nd 05, 05:19 PM
Bill Again

"David J Taylor" wrote in message
Alf92 wrote:
Hello !

When I shake my new Minolta Z10 from back to front and front to back,
I ear a little noise inside, just like a piece of plastic travelling
inside (it seems to be near the viewfinder, but it's dificult to
locate...) I borrough about that...
Is it normal ?

I don't know, but it doesn't sound normal to me. I suggest you take it
back to the shop and compare with an identical model.

Cheers,
David

Have you checked the manual, I seem to recall it saying something about this
not being a sign of a fault....

Robert

Old January 2nd 05, 07:06 PM
Frank ess

Alf92 wrote:
Hello !

When I shake my new Minolta Z10 from back to front and front to
back, I ear a little noise inside, just like a piece of plastic
travelling
inside (it seems to be near the viewfinder, but it's dificult to
locate...) I borrough about that...
Is it normal ?

I don't know, but it doesn't sound normal to me. I suggest you take
it back to the shop and compare with an identical model.

Cheers,
David

Have you checked the manual, I seem to recall it saying something
about this not being a sign of a fault....

Robert

I hope Robert is right: I know of one camera with a similar note in the
book. It is related to the auto-rotation of images in the LCD viewer, if
I'm not mistaken.

--
Frank ess

Old January 2nd 05, 09:50 PM
Alf92

Frank ess a dit ça :

Alf92 wrote:
Hello !

When I shake my new Minolta Z10 from back to front and front to
back, I ear a little noise inside, just like a piece of plastic
travelling
inside (it seems to be near the viewfinder, but it's dificult to
locate...) I borrough about that...
Is it normal ?

I don't know, but it doesn't sound normal to me. I suggest you take
it back to the shop and compare with an identical model.

Cheers,
David

Have you checked the manual, I seem to recall it saying something
about this not being a sign of a fault....

Robert

I hope Robert is right: I know of one camera with a similar note in
the book. It is related to the auto-rotation of images in the LCD
viewer, if I'm not mistaken.

the Z10 doesn't have any orientation sensor...
and the user guide doesn't talk about any noise inside the camera.
--
Cordialement,
Alf92

Old January 2nd 05, 11:53 PM
Bill Again

Here you are, under "Trouble-shooting"....

14: The camera will make sounds caused by internal mechanical movement when
it is shaken.

Answer: The sound arises when the lens moves. This is not a malfunction.

I knew I had read it somewhere.

Robert.

"Alf92" wrote in message
Frank ess a dit ça :

Old January 4th 05, 12:01 AM
Alf92

Bill Again a dit ça :

Here you are, under "Trouble-shooting"....

14: The camera will make sounds caused by internal mechanical
movement when it is shaken.

Answer: The sound arises when the lens moves. This is not a
malfunction.

I knew I had read it somewhere.

Robert.

I went to the shop and I compare with other Z10 : same strange noise !
It is normal.

Thanks.

Alf92

Old January 4th 05, 10:44 AM
David J Taylor

Alf92 wrote:
[]
I went to the shop and I compare with other Z10 : same strange noise !
It is normal.

Thanks.

Oh, well. That's good to hear! Thanks for reporting back.

Cheers,
David

Old January 4th 05, 04:14 PM
Alf92

David J Taylor a dit ça :

Alf92 wrote:
[]
I went to the shop and I compare with other Z10 : same strange noise
! It is normal.

Thanks.

Oh, well. That's good to hear! Thanks for reporting back.

As we say in France "de rien !"
I think it's normal when you have the answer to share it.

regards,
--
Alf92 http://frpn.free.fr