Is dry cat food good enough, or do they need canned food too?

Old February 7th 05, 03:29 AM

Default Is dry cat food good enough, or do they need canned food too?

I feed almost only dry, with occasional moist food treats. I have
heard others say canned food is best, but with several cats, I don't
know how you make sure everyone gets enough. One of mine won't eat
with the others...so at treat time she kind of gets left out. But she
always has plenty of dry food available.

Old February 7th 05, 03:33 PM
David Adams

As with most cats they do what they like , and probably eat at few
locations as well.
Dependng on the time of year, time of day my cat will have either dry or
canned (with jelly not gravy)
But the dry stuff is far beter than it used to be .

If its too dry he just nips out and chews down a few bird heads...(and leavs
the rest on the front mat for me to stand on in bare feet when I have forgot
to put the bin out) thanks for that Thomas...

As for pics only dgital, nice one of him drinking out the toilet (the shame
of it)

oups.com...

Old February 11th 05, 01:21 AM

I switched our cat from canned to dry, and only give her canned as a
treat about once every 2 weeks or so. She's been better off with the
dry, as far as I can tell. In addition, her allergy (manifested by
constant licking to the point where her fur disappears) seems to have
gone away after the switch. I guess in some cases, dry is better.

Old February 11th 05, 01:38 AM
Jimbob

Dry is better for their teeth too, less ash = better for their kidneys.
Science diet is a good brand to use.